Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Solved!

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Plan

Premium Family

Country

US 

My Question or Issue

Hello:

Yesterday I recieved my email saying that my Google Home Mini was now available. When I follow the link, it brings me to the Google Store. Once I've selected the mini, and go into the checkout, it's still saying that I have to pay full price for the mini, with no apparent signs that the promo code has been applied.

I've looked up some of the other solutions on this website, but following the links provided, and trying to use incognito mode, both didn't work.

Thank you for your time.

197 Replies

Spotify is responsible for the promotion and should be held accountable, not Google.

When I tried to contact them, they said they could see my code was attempted to be applied, but it still charges so codes are broken for many.  They need to fix the codes or issue new ones.  Unfortunately they just offer the same canned responses.  

Spotify doesn't care...

Totally agree, Spotify doesn't care at all, I received an email saying that
they were really looking forward to help me sort it out with the promo
code... 48hrs later... Credit card charged for 52.43$! And no code no promo
no anything... This is by far the worst customer service I have experienced
in my whole life.
Is unaceptable that they don't have a contact number.

NOOOOOOO!!!!

That's what happened on my second attempt. The code was there, showing as a promo code and a $0 total, but it asked for a card and then it auto-canceled on submit. CALL GOOGLE before you submit the order and ask them to walk you through checking out correctly while the code is still applied!

(I'm sure it's too late, but it's sad to see the same thing that happened to me is happening again)

I got email from spotify that google home mini is available. On clicking the link I get redirected to Google store page and it shows 29.99 and delivery charges 9.99 as amount to pay. Can somebody help here how to order the google home as promised by spotify for this offer.

I'm not complaining about free things, however, it's really weird that I've been waiting since November (since I got the email). A solution is not a "We're working on it" statement. Updates would help. 

Same problem. Was told my issue was “escalated” but seeing that this has been an issue for WEEKS makes me realize this just isn’t going to get fixed. Really crappy Spotify. And why is this problem marked as solved?

Any update on this?  Seems that there are a lot of us out here that would appreciate some type of update.  Doesn't seem too complicated to me since other people are redeeming the offer right now.  So, the link works for some.  Do you just not care about the rest of us?

The short answer is no they don't care about you, me or anyone else...
0.99$ charged 100 thousand times... is enough for them... besides if you
really want the minis go to ebay or something else they have many 5 or 6$
coupons for a mini. Ebay have way better services than spotify or google
plus money back guarantee. Please do always a check on seller and
conditios.

@peter - Any updates on this?  My link now is not even working.

If you want spotify to respond super quick tweet @spotifycares

its super public and hopefully will get other people having this issue on board. I have since solved this issue myself without spotifiys help but an acknowledgement that this was wrong would help a lot of frustration 

How did you solve the problem?  My link doesn’t even work anymore 

Not just no number, no phone support at all.  I asked in a support chat if someone could call me back and they said they don't do that. A company who is asking for my money better **bleep** be prepared to call me back when there's a problem.  Just goes to show you, we are not their customers, we are the product. 

I'm in the same boat and Veronica and I believe that Spotify isn't going to honor us.  I think the people who abused the system for codes and sold them on Ebay is something that hurt this.  But I would enjoy if Spotify gave me a refund on my family account and switch me back over to student account. I switched over because I had Christmas intentions for the family and this just gives me a bad taste of spotify as a whole.

When I purchased the Family Account it said I would get a Google Home Mini and apparently the promotion had already ended before I did that. I know there is terms but if you cancel a promotion doesn't that mean you stop advertising it? They still used advertisements on the page to get me to sign up for Family Account after @spotifycares has said it was over.

Even going back to this page I have attached I still see that I should get an Email.  Yet I am still waiting.

Definitely considering other alternatives.

spotify reciept.PNG

The problem is the promotion has not ended. People are still able to redeem even today. Just not everyone. Literally right before I realized I couldn’t use my link and it was charging me my friend redeemed hers. Very very irritating. 

I WAS ABLE TO REDEEM TODAY. But I was having the same problem you all described in this thread.  I received my email that it was ready on 11/18/18. I went to redeem the same day but all colors were OOS. So I went back today, added the Mickey Mouse stand and tried to check out. No discount ever applied so I was fearful to click “confirm purchase.” I removed it to try to add another but I was taken to a mini that was priced at 29 instead of 49. So I went back to the email and clicked on the link again, but nothing changed. This was all done on my iPhone in Safari. I tried google chrome but having same issue. I started a chat with customer support and the rep wasn’t very helpful. She first suggested I try picking a different color. When she asked me to try a new tab, instead I opened a Chrome incognito tab instead. I COPIED the link from the email, rather than clicking on it, and had to login to Spotify and then it directed me to Google store where I had to login to that also. Voila my cart still had the items in it but the discount now appeared between the two items in the cart! I quickly clicked Confirm. I have no idea if the rep did anything on her end (is there a reset option they can click on like when you lock you lock yourself out of an account?).  So try using the incognito tab, or perhaps clear out all your browser cache and cookies. Good luck!!

Nope, didn't work for me because my link was already redeemed.  It won't work a second time.  You had never placed an order the first time so your situation is very different.  

What is up with this promotion? I signed up for family plan today but I never recieved an email. Is it still coming or is this promotion completely  broken??

Yep, my link doesn't work anymore either.   

So this means another will be issued, or Spotify is hoping we all forget about it.

I've tried incognito tabs and windows like this multiple times and it never works.

Was your chat with google support or spotify support?

Kind of upset that I upgraded to a family plan and it still says I qualify for a mini that i'll see in my email but going to the promotion page (https://www.spotify.com/us/googlehome/redeem/) It says:

"Thank you so much for your interest.
We're sorry to say this offer is not available at this time.
We'll be sure to let you know about new offers in the future. "

You guys should stop promoting it and posting that everyone who upgrades to a family plan will get one if it's not really happening anymore. *sigh*

Suggested posts