Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Solved!

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Plan

Premium Family

Country

US 

My Question or Issue

Hello:

Yesterday I recieved my email saying that my Google Home Mini was now available. When I follow the link, it brings me to the Google Store. Once I've selected the mini, and go into the checkout, it's still saying that I have to pay full price for the mini, with no apparent signs that the promo code has been applied.

I've looked up some of the other solutions on this website, but following the links provided, and trying to use incognito mode, both didn't work.

Thank you for your time.

197 Replies

No email here but we will see.  Did the new email give any new dates of when it had to be claimed by?

I'm having this issue as well. I contacted Google and they told me I had to contact Spotify for a new promo link. I emailed Spotify at support@spotify.com. Let's see if they reply...

Let me lnow what happens!

So far so good, but we may have to wait up to 48hrs before shipping
actually happens.

Until then nothing more than uncertainty

I got the email this morning, purchased it immediately after and wasn't charged. Good news, at 1:26pm PST I received an email saying that the Google Home had shipped via FedEx. 

I have Spotify telling me they are still looking into it...

I recieved the email and successfully ordered my home mini for the price of zero dollars. It was not a very good 1st impression but spotify made it right in the end.

My order for cancelled for the third time Google side, drop the towel
folks. I will not try anynore

Wow, they cancelled your order before they even gave me a new email.

I still have no email but this is a good sign that they are working on everything to make this right.

Same w us!

Yesterday I received an email with a new link from Spotify. The link initially had some issues but worked like a charm on the incognito and I went ahead and placed the order and this time I wasn’t charged.

glad that Spotify fixed it but the time could have been sooner.

I have had the same issue. And I have been following up with Spotify for the last 15days. They have been sympathetic but completely ineffective in actually solving the issue.

Any update yet?

It has been over 3 weeks and I'm still struggling to get a response from Spotify.

no email to redeem free home mini.  Part of the reason i upgraded to family plan

Support has replied to my email that they are working through the problem and will follow up.  2 days later they sent me a survey about my experience...  I let them know I would prefer not to fill out the survey until they actually address the problem.  

I see that some people have posted on here that they got a new link.  I still have yet to see that for me...

For what it's worth, here's my story.

I've had the family plan for quite a while, so I wasn't one who upgraded to get the Home Mini.  But it seemed like a no-brainer to take advantage of the promo offer.  My initial attempt to redeem the promo (December 10) took me to the Google Store, where I had the item in the cart along with the discount for the entire price.  I was required to enter credit card information, however, even though the total charge was $0.00.  After entering the card and placing the order, a message appeared immediately stating that there had been a problem with the order.  Shortly thereafter I received an email from the Google Store with details of the order, but indicating that it had been cancelled.  I called GS Support and was told that this happened because I didn't have the credit card information entered before starting the order.  The support rep admitted it wasn't my fault, but said they couldn't "un-cancel" the order.

The Google Store support rep gave me a case number and told me to contact Spotify Support to obtain a new promo code.  I submitted a Spotify support request and received an email the following day indicating they couldn't provide a new code, but also stated that "It is an ongoing issue that seems to be affecting a number of customers. Rest assured though that we’re aware of this and are working closely with our payments team to get it resolved."

I didn't hear anything further until Saturday (12/22) when Spotify Support sent me an email apologizing for having been charged the full price for the Home Mini (which I hadn't), and directing me to the Google Store returns page.  I replied, explaining that this solution didn't apply to me and restating the details of my situation.

This morning (12/24), I received another email response from Spotify Support apologizing for the confusion and including a new Google Store link for the promo offer.  I pasted the link into an incognito Chrome window (as suggested elsewhere in this thread), and was able to successfully place the order.  It hasn't shipped yet, but it wasn't cancelled like the initial order.

My general impression is that Spotify Support has been polite and helpful, although they would have made a better impression if their response had been a bit more timely.

This is such a cluster.  I havent seen an email and spotify has been giving me the run around saying their team is still looking in to it.

Any updates??  I have none

I got a reply today. I emailed support and also tried to chat with support
on Spotify. They sent me a new link and it worked.

Suggested posts