Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Solved!

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Plan

Premium Family

Country

US 

My Question or Issue

Hello:

Yesterday I recieved my email saying that my Google Home Mini was now available. When I follow the link, it brings me to the Google Store. Once I've selected the mini, and go into the checkout, it's still saying that I have to pay full price for the mini, with no apparent signs that the promo code has been applied.

I've looked up some of the other solutions on this website, but following the links provided, and trying to use incognito mode, both didn't work.

Thank you for your time.

197 Replies

You can return to Google for a refund.
After that don't call Google because they won't help.
I have heard people getting help from Spotify, but that is just a rumor, my experience was repeated requests for help before they ended up saying the offer was expired after over 10 correspondences.

I cannot believe how badly Spotify have stuffed up this promotion. I upgraded my subscription in good faith and folloed their instructions and have had my order cancelled by google. I have transcripts of text conversations with spotify promising the issue will be sorted. I was told... "Don't worry! You've already secured a device and you're 101% eligible for it."

I've since contacted them again to sort it out but nothing yet. Quite frankly I'm beginning to feel that I've been conned. 

Hey Folks! I had the same issue, contacted Google chat support, they gave me a $10 google store credit and solved the issue!

Google Support:
https://support.google.com/store?visit_id=637074393860198871-1125689064&hl=en&rd=1#topic=3237699&con...

I had went through the steps and it charged me full price. After contacting them, they verified that my order cancellation went through. He then had me follow the promo link from the email I got from spotify in INCOGNITO MODE in my browser. It then proceeded to add the promo without issue!

The last round that they ran this promo, I never got it. So I am happy this time worked. You can only use the promo once whether it be now, or the couple years ago they did this before.

Hope this helps! TRY INCOGNITO MODE! You'll have to sign in to everything, but it worked for me.

Try again in incognito mode in your browser!

Here is what worked for me, I also ordered and was charged full price.

Hey Folks! I had the same issue, contacted Google chat support, they gave me a $10 google store credit and solved the issue!

Google Support:
https://support.google.com/store?visit_id=637074393860198871-1125689064&hl=en&rd=1#topic=3237699&con...

I had went through the steps and it charged me full price. After contacting them, they verified that my order cancellation went through. He then had me follow the promo link from the email I got from spotify in INCOGNITO MODE in my browser. It then proceeded to add the promo without issue!

The last round that they ran this promo, I never got it. So I am happy this time worked. You can only use the promo once whether it be now, or the couple years ago they did this before.

Hope this helps! TRY INCOGNITO MODE! You'll have to sign in to everything, but it worked for me.

I jumped on Google chat, they gave me a $10 credit and helped me through the process.  The trick is to figure out where the support channels are, because they hide it well!

Google Support:

I attempted to re-do the purchase through incognito but it says the offer is no longer valid for me. 

I purchased the original one and cancelled the order since it charged me full price. What can I do at this point? 

Annotation 2019-10-23 214416.png

I had the same issue and tried doing the whole entire process again in incognito mode. I still got the same issue of it charging me the original price, however, I copied and pasted the code in the URL link into the promotional code box and IT WORKED! 

I cant even get a code.. says im not eligible!!... and I am.  ugh... whatever..

Hit up the Google Chat support line!  It look the person about 5 minutes to get it working for me!  I was horribly frustrated before this.  I have a hunch they make it this difficult for a reason though!

Hey!! I want to let you know that I was having the same issue. I came here first since I knew that this was a promotion by spotify but this did not really seem to help. I ended up calling google and they resolved the issue so if what I am about to write does not help I recommend calling this number and have them help you through it step by step. I took me less than 20 mins on the phone to resolve the issue and it is legit. So this only works if you got an email from spotify saying "Your Google Home Mini is now available" open that email and follow all the steps until you are sent to the google store page aasking you to choose the color of your google mini. Once you are there if you look at the URL, a bunch of random stuff and then: promocode= and then a random string of letters and numbers. YOU MUST COPY THAT RANDOM STRING OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS. Once that is copied, choose the color you want and it will take you to your cart. Here you should see that the promo code has been automatically applied (and if it has not been, enter the promo code you copied into the box where it lets you write the promo code). You will know if the promo code has been applied if the total comes out to be $0.00. Once you see that, click on confirm purchase. If it says you have to fill out a form of payment, choose a form of payment and put in the info required. (It only does this if you have never bought something off of google and basically has you put it in there because they have nothing on file for you). After you put in your information, MAKE SURE THAT THE TOTAL IS STILL $0.00!!! Once you have checked that and it still says your total is $0.00. preceed to the next page and I'm pretty sure thats it. That page should show you that your total is $0.00 and it should show you all the info you put in in the beginning (your address, phone nummber, payment info, etc.) And thats it!! You should have your google home mini shipped to you in about a couple weeks. If something goes wrong while trying to follow these steps, go back and try again or start over. If that doesn't help, I once again recomend calling this number:

1 (855) 836-3987

Mandy was the google worker that helped me resolve this issue and she was incredibly helpful and patient. I really hope this helps some of you guys out there who have the same issue as me. Good Luck!!!

Hey all,

Check out this Spotify Answers if you have any issues with getting Google Home mini.

Hope it helps. Seeing that this topic is from one of our previous offers, we'll be closing it as not to confuse users with old info.

Have a nice day.

This worked for me! Thank you for posting!

I THINK THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!! I submitted to recieve the free google mini as a premium member. upon submission, I recieved confirmation of my request. I then got an email to link the Google Mini with my Spotify account to be able to use it when it arrived. I accepted all conditions of linking and it said that I was not eligible. I think this is a scam for Spotify to get access to all your Google account information.

Hey @Myung,

No worries, it's not a scam. But you do need to be eligible.

Check out my previous post for more info on how to get the Google Home mini.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We can see a lot of users are still visiting this page, we just wanted to flag that the Google Home Mini deal is now over in the US. 

We have a similar deal now available in Canada and the UK where users can grab a Google Nest Mini with a Premium subscription (Non-owner accounts of Premium plans like Duo and Family are not eligible).

For more details about the deal, you can head here.

We've now closed this thread, but check out our Ongoing issue if you have trouble with redeeming your device.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts