Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini

Google Home Mini

Hello all, 

Hoping for some help with this issue -- it's probably come up before for other users.  I have a google home at home that I set up for my mother, who is joined as a Spotify member on my family plan.  I linked her Spotify account to the google home but when she tries to play music via the google home (i.e. "okay google, play [x] from spotify"), for some inexplicable reason, the music instead plays on my brother's spotify account (who is also joined as a Spotify member on my plan).  My brother then cuts my mother's music because he's listening to his own music at the time.  In other words, for some reason, my brother and my mother's Spotify accounts are linked for some reason even though they are different members in my plan. 

Does anybody know how to fix this?  I tried to  unlink the spotify account from my mother's google home app and link it again, but that didn't work.    

1 Reply

Hey there @jchen45,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

First, to confirm, does both your mother and brother have their own personal Spotify accounts?

If not, they'll need to create their own Spotify account first before you invite them to your plan. You can find more info here

You can also find more info on how you can each link your Spotify account with your Google Home device here.

Let us know how it goes.

Happy Holidays!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts