Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have Paid for the Family Subscription - Not able to use it however.

Have Paid for the Family Subscription - Not able to use it however.

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone, PC 

Operating System

Android, iOS 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I share spotify with both of my parents and until recently we only used premium instead of the family package. I have updated the account now from Premium to a Family Package and the subscription fee has came off, yet when I send the invites out to both of my parents they are redirected to the subscription plan screen. I have cancelled and re-subscribed to see if that would make a change and the same issue is occurring. 

The invite link takes them to a page which asks for a Change/Update to the payment method. The fee has been paid now for over a week and I have run out of solutions to this problem. 

I hope someone can help as Spotify is popular within our household. 

Thanks and regards, 

FlyFishermanJohn

3 Replies

Hey, @CalumTheWarlock 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

In this case, considering that all of you had a Premium subscription before the Family plan, your parents should cancel their regular subscription, check if the subscription was canceled and then you can send them the invitations for your Family plan...

Try to do it and let me know if it worked for you.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!

Have a similar problem... how can we end an free period and then get access to family premium. Already send invitation for my husband but he can not change plan cause his free period is still on in his account.

annefoncham_857

Hey, @annefoncham_857 

Could you open a new thread, just to contabilize how many people is having the same issue and maybe check if these are isolated cases or common problems. 

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts