Horrible experience adding family member account for my daughter

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone

My Question or Issue

I had an awful experience adding my daughter's email to our family account. While on vacation, we decided to let her listen to Spotify by trying to add her account. Unfortunately, the address check failed. Thinking that this was because we were abroad, we decided to try again upon returning back home. When we tried, the check failed, and looking at support documents it looks like she is now blocked for 12 months because her check failed once. 

Why block her account for 12 months? We were on vacation when we first tried and did not get a warning that we should ONLY make this check while physically located in the original address. Families travel all the time and it's normal for them to set up their music accounts while on vacation.

Please help us identify the right steps to reverse this error and get our daughter's account added to our family account. Thank you!

1 Reply

Hey @thomasj9,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We're sorry if this experience with the Premium Family process wasn't the best for you. Usually, when an account has changed plans more than once in the last 12 months, the account won't be able to join a different plan, but this is not related to a failed attempt when abroad.

If the account was joined to other Premium plans before (Duo or Family), we'd recommend trying to join to the last plan again to avoid the limit error. However, if the account was not part of another plan before or if it's the first change, it's possible that the issue could be account-related.

In this case, since we don't have access to users' accounts from the Community, we'd recommend contacting our Customer Support directly, so they can check your daughter's account and help you further.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts