Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do ex-wife and kids leave current Family Plan and start a new one with playlists intact?

Solved!

How do ex-wife and kids leave current Family Plan and start a new one with playlists intact?

Just as the title suggests really. My ex-wife would like to separate from our Family Plan and start her own, and bring the kids over to her new one. How does she and the kids manage this and keep all playlists? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @henrycordy,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music, and everyone can keep their same Spotify accounts.

Your ex-wife and kids can leave the current Premium Family plan by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan.
  3. Select Cancel Premium under Spotify Free.

When they leave the current Premium Family plan, their accounts will revert to the free plan. Your ex-wife can then start a new Premium Family subcription here as the plan manager, and then invite the kids by following the steps in this support article.

Bear in mind that to accept the invites, the other members must live at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between different Premium Family or Premium Duo plans once a year.

You can also read more about how Premium Family works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @henrycordy,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music, and everyone can keep their same Spotify accounts.

Your ex-wife and kids can leave the current Premium Family plan by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan.
  3. Select Cancel Premium under Spotify Free.

When they leave the current Premium Family plan, their accounts will revert to the free plan. Your ex-wife can then start a new Premium Family subcription here as the plan manager, and then invite the kids by following the steps in this support article.

Bear in mind that to accept the invites, the other members must live at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between different Premium Family or Premium Duo plans once a year.

You can also read more about how Premium Family works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts