Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How many times can I join different families per year?

How many times can I join different families per year?

Hi, I want to know is there any limits for joining different families per 12 months? Can I delete my current premium and join a family and cancel at any time and join another one?

10 Replies

Hey there @thetraceow!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We can confirm that currently there isn't a limit to how many times you can join a Family plan.

So you should be able join a Family plan and if you move join a different one without any issues.

And just one last thing, when you connect your account to a Family subscription, you don't need to cancel your Premium Individual first, that happens automatically with the switch of the plans. 

Hope this info help. Let us know if there's anything else we can do do for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi my cousin can't join our family plan and he said maybe it has a limit in joining family plan. It's his 3rd time this year already. Did you change your rules?

Hey @Trevor61,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community. 

If your cousin has already switched once to another plan, they can join the plan they just left if it's still active. Alternatively they can start their own plan.

Currently it's possible to switch plans once in 12 months. That would explain why they can see this error message.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello!

I was in a family plan I quitted some months ago. Now I want to join a new one, but when I try to verify the address, it says the addresses don't match. However, the address I write is correct, since other people are using it.

What can I do?

Hi there @Etcio,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

You're only able to switch plans once in 12 months, and the 12 months starts from the first time you switch. You can return to the plan you left, but will get an error if you try and switch more than once.

If the manager cancels your plan, re-subscribes, and invites the same subscriber, it’s not counted as a change of plan for the subscriber

If the manager switches between Duo and Family, this doesn’t affect the Premium Family members and counts as 1 plan.

We hope that this information was helpful.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

hi! is it true that there is a 12 month cooldown before you can join another family premium? may i ask how it works? can i join another family plan immediately after i leave my current one?

Hey @315wavffrfaa5is2gwmy

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

As @Jeremy mentioned above, you can only change plans once every 12 months, and the 12 months starts counting from the first change. If you haven't changed plans in the last 12 months, then you'll be able to join a new plan immediately after you leave the one you're currently in.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This rule is outdated and ridiculous because if I’m paying for it, what’s the issue with the limits on how many family plans you’re able to join, especially when everyone’s situation regarding family is different. Going back to Apple Music, thank you!

Agreed, this is so outdated, and somehow discliminating some families.
Everyone has their own family’s conditions.

Hi, I joined a friend's plan on 26/2/22 and it's now 26/2/23 and I can't join my family's plan will I be able to next month or tomorrow?

Suggested posts