Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to recover spotify family account from a reset phone?

How to recover spotify family account from a reset phone?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone)

Operating System

(iOS 10

My Question or Issue

How do I recover the Spotify family non-admin account from a reset phone?

7 Replies

Hi @Sadboi29,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you’ve downloaded Spotify from the App Store after resetting your mobile device, and you can’t remember the login details for your account, I would recommend following the suggestion provided in this support article of entering possible email addresses that you own into Spotify’s password reset form. Once you’ve entered the right email address for your Spotify account, you'll get a message that the password reset email was sent. 

If you’re not receiving a password reset email for any of the email addresses that you're checking, it's possible that you used an older email address that you no longer have access to, or an incorrect one. In that case, I would recommend contacting Customer Support; they’ll take a look and do their best to help.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's not what I asked about.

Hi @Sadboi29,

Thank you for your reply!

Could you describe in greater detail what you are seeking help with?

I look forward to your reply, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

How do I recover the Spotify family, non-admin, account from a reset phone?

Hi @Sadboi29,

Thanks for getting back to me!

To confirm, are you wanting to log in to your Spotify account on your device, or are you wanting to become the plan’s manager for the Premium Family plan? Once I get more info, I’ll see what to suggest.

I look forward to your reply, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

This only works for the main user account. I’ve done this, used my account and also my daughters email and nothing works. She has a lot of music in her playlists and due to having to reset her phone she is going to lose

allmof this.

we have a family account and I can see her name as a member - why can’t I just send her a new link and it brings back the account? She can’t remember

the username or password as her phone has died and we can’t access her spotify

Hi @11146461516,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

To clarify, each member of a Premium Family plan has their own account. If your daughter can’t remember the login details for her account, I’d recommend checking out this FAQ article and following the steps there.

Also, if the Premium Family plan manager can see your daughter's account in the plan overview, there’s no need to send another invite, since her account already exists—she just needs to find the username/email address associated with her account.

If you accidentally ended up creating multiple accounts, I’d recommend moving the music and closing one of the accounts to avoid confusion in the future. There’s an FAQ for that as well, so I’d suggest that you head to this page here to see how to do it.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts