Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy 10

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

I'm a member of a Premium Family Account. I am not the administrator of the account though.

Now I want to switch into another Premium Family Account, because we are not a family anymore.

In my account I only see the option to switch to Spotify Free. But what happens with my settings and playlists etc. when I do that?

What would happen, if the administrator of my current Premium Family Account kicks me out? Do I automaticly switch into the Spotify Free Abo?

And would it only than be possible to create an own Premium Family Account or get/accept an invitation into another Premium Family Account?

Thank you so much for your help!

Jay

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jaylo66 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You keep your playlists and saved music when your account is free. You can also still log in and play with ads. Your offline music that's been saved on your device(s) will be removed though, as that's a Premium-only feature.

When the owner of a Premium Family plan removes you from their plan, your account will be reverted to the free plan.

If you'd like to create your own Premium Family plan, you must leave (or get removed from) your current Premium Family plan first. Keep in mind that you can only switch Family plans once a year (as a member).

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Jaylo66 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You keep your playlists and saved music when your account is free. You can also still log in and play with ads. Your offline music that's been saved on your device(s) will be removed though, as that's a Premium-only feature.

When the owner of a Premium Family plan removes you from their plan, your account will be reverted to the free plan.

If you'd like to create your own Premium Family plan, you must leave (or get removed from) your current Premium Family plan first. Keep in mind that you can only switch Family plans once a year (as a member).

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Great, thank you!

Suggested posts