Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I am trying to upgrade to a Family Plan but it just says I'm ineligible. Please help.

I am trying to upgrade to a Family Plan but it just says I'm ineligible. Please help.

Hello my username is Badachca. I am currently  Spotify Premium member and want to upgrade to a Family Plan so my 2 boys can use Spotify Kids. Every time I click on The Family Plan under the Pick Your Premium page it just keeps saying I am ineligible. Can you please help? Thank you very much. 

1 Reply

Hi @Badachca, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you currently have the Premium service, there are a couple of things that might be blocking you from upgrading to Premium Family. So keep in mind the following: 

• Already a plan member?: If you're currently and invited member of another Premium Duo/Family, or the admin of a Duo plan, you'll need to cancel that subscription and revert your account to free first before being able to subscribe as a Premium Family admin.
  • Check your payment method: If you pay for individual Premium at the moment, it's possible that your current payment method isn't eligible to pay for Premium Family. If you made a prepaid payment, or your payments are processed through a third party, you might need to cancel your current subscription and wait until you go back to free before being able to get the family subscription.

If that's not the case and you still have questions, let us know the country where your account is registered and the current payment method you use (eg; credit/debit card, PayPal, third party etc.). We'll be here if you need us.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts