Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't connect to premium family account

Solved!

I can't connect to premium family account

I have received the invitation to join the family premium account from my dad and I am at the address the family account is registered under. Every time I try to connect, the error message says that I am trying to access the premium account from another country, but I am not. I thought it might be because I bought my laptop abroad, but I am living with my parents and am at the correct address. How can I fix it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Lyubka,

Thank you for suggesting this solution! I did exactly as you said, but the same issue arose again unfortunately. I did manage to fix it now though.

The problem was that my own account was linked to my British bank account (I live in the UK and in Germany), while my dad's Spotify account was linked to Germany. So I had to connect my Spotify account to my German bank account, wait for the next pay day for Spotify to reset my location to Germany, and then accept the invitation while being at my home in Germany.

Thank you anyway for your help! You set me on the right path to fix the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @millybasket,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

What you can do is to go ahead and update the Address on the Owner's account and try sending an invitation link again. Make sure you're logged out everywhere, following the instructions here. After that, open the link that you've received on your e-mail. Click ACCEPT INVITATION, once you do that - you will be redirected to the account page, where you will see confirmation screen. Enter the correct details and click SUBMIT.

Note: It's a good idea to do that while both of you're at home and connected to the same network. 

We'd also recommend to check your country on your account page.

Take a look here for more info on how to join a Family plan. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Marked as solution

Hi Lyubka,

Thank you for suggesting this solution! I did exactly as you said, but the same issue arose again unfortunately. I did manage to fix it now though.

The problem was that my own account was linked to my British bank account (I live in the UK and in Germany), while my dad's Spotify account was linked to Germany. So I had to connect my Spotify account to my German bank account, wait for the next pay day for Spotify to reset my location to Germany, and then accept the invitation while being at my home in Germany.

Thank you anyway for your help! You set me on the right path to fix the issue.

Suggested posts