Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can use one Spotify Account at the same time on multiple devices!

I can use one Spotify Account at the same time on multiple devices!

Plan

Premium Family 

Country

the Netherlands

Device

PC and Android mobiles

Operating System

PC and Android mobiles

My Question or Issue

I have a family plan, but this questions focusses on my own personal account. The way Spotify accounts use to work is that you can use only one account on one device/session at the same time. Problem with my own account is that I can use this same account on multiple devices at the same time and I can even play different music, so it's not even the same session. Now you would say, dude keep is low and make use of it, but next to the fact that this seems like a bug and just isn't the way it should work, I also got some issues with it for my use cases. 

For example, I use a widget that shows the music I'm listening to. The thing is, since this problem occured, it is only showing music that is playing on my mobile phone and not the music that is playing on my pc. It seems like Spotify thinks my PC is on another account, but I double checked and it really is on the same account. I also reinstalled the app and logged out and in again, I just can't fix it. Hopefully you can help me!

5 Replies

Hey @devindegroot,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you're having syncing issue between your desktop and mobile devices, please make sure that the Spotify app is set as an exception in your firewall and antivirus software. Also, please check if the same thing happens when using the web player.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

First of all, thanks for your comment.

I accepted it in my firewall and antivirus. Web Player works as it is used to work, but the app still is a whole seperate thing. I can listen to totally different song on the pc app while i'm playing whole other songs on the web player. 

Spotify error.jpg

Hey there @devindegroot,

Thanks for the post.

This issue is usually caused by some software or network settings which are blocking traffic trough certain networking ports. The Desktop app, then can't sync with the servers in real time. 

If you're running any type of Ad blocker, like AdGuard, it's a good idea to disable that. The same goes for any VPN/ Firewall or Proxy. Try disabling these services one by one and check if any of that has any effect on the Desktop app, so you know which app is causing the issue. 

It's also a good idea to try connecting your PC to another network, just to check if the issue is caused by your current network set up. Sometimes you might get this issue if you're using a restricted school or office network.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry for the late reply. Happy 2023, and thanks for being so helpfull. Still got the problem, but I'm gonna play with the firewall.

Hey @devindegroot,

Happy New Year to you as well 🙂 

That's a good idea! Test it and let us know how it goes. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts