Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot find my playlist on sonos or other accounts

I cannot find my playlist on sonos or other accounts

I cannot find my playlist (which is public) on sonos or other accounts. 
I have a premium familiy account and one of the accounts I use for my Sonos system. I created a public playlist that only appears in teh spotify app when I log in with the account used to create the playlist.  It is not a Sonos issue since the same happens if I log in the account of my son in the spotify app. Sharing playlist options do not work for Sonos.
It would be great if this can be resolved.

15 Replies

Hey @Hans79.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

When you create a playlist and make it public, it won't automatically appear in the list of playlists of any other account, even if that account is on the same Family plan as you.

You'll have to do one of the following instead in order for another account to access your playlist:

• send the other user a link to the playlist (click on the three dots > Share > Copy Playlist link to get the link)
  • ask the other user to search for your user profile on the Spotify app, where they'll be able to see all your public playlists

Once they've opened the playlist in their app, they can click Follow, which will save it to their playlists.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions or still need help with this 😉

Hi,

I was wondering how would I be able to do this my building which has Sonos in our gym but I don’t have access to the Spotify app, not changing their services on Sonos.

Thanks , 

Hardik

Hey @ShadowedShooter,

Welcome to the Community!

If you can't connect with your personal account or device to the Sonos speaker, try the following to make the playlist search easier:

• Make sure the playlist is set to Public.
  • Try to rename the playlist using some unique phrases.
  • Try searching for your Username and access the playlist from your profile.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sonos doesnt allow one to search for usernames and my playlist doesn't come up after searching for the unique name i gave it. still looking for a way to play it on our company sonos app on our ipad

Hey @kwoods2412,

Thanks for the post.

Note that some public playlists won't be listed in general search results, as those are based on popularity.

What you can do is send a link to the playlist from your Spotify app to the company iPad. Once you've opened the playlist on the iPad you can Like it to save it for next time on the Company account.

Alternatively, if it's possible to connect your Spotify account to the iPad or the Sonos speaker, you can play the playlist from your phone and then switch over to the speaker via Spotify Connect.

Hope you find these workarounds helpful.

AlexModerator

Same here and sadly I can't access their Spotify app to like the playlist. Did you ever figure out a way to solve the issue?

Hey @vibinw-alexis,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

Just to be on the same page, could you confirm if you've followed the troubleshooting steps previously mentioned in the thread? 

Also, since you mentioned that you can't access the Spotify account, we'd recommend first recovering the access to your account following the steps of this article

Lastly, if the issue persists, we'd suggest unlinking and linking the accounts back again using the steps listed here.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator

I can’t delete & redownload Sonos nor download Spotify. It’s not my account we use, it’s the store owner’s. 
The playlist is public, so it should be accessible to others. Although, it hasn’t been accessible on the sonos platform. 

Hey @vibinw-alexis!

The Sonos app's search generally prioritizes more well-known playlists with a large amount of followers in its results. Something that can help you locate it on the Sonos app is to try to come up with a very unique and specific name for the playlist to see if that would do the trick. Otherwise you'd have to ask the store owner to add your playlist to their library so that it shows up in the Sonos app as well.

Keep in mind also that Spotify is for personal, non-commercial use only. To legally play music in public areas such as cafes, bars, shops and restaurants. check out Soundtrack Your Brand.

The Community is always here if anything else comes up.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Any reply to this yet? I am on vacation with my family in a house we do not have access to the system to add the playlist or add our account, and we want to listen to our playlists.

I never got any other responses and never was able to solve it myself.

Hey @vibinw-alexis,

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, just to confirm, is the playlist with issues yours or was it created by someone else? Does this happen when trying to play just one specific playlist? If yes, it'd be really helpful if you sent us the link to it. You can share it by following these steps.

On another note, have you already tried changing the name of the playlist to see if you notice any changes? If the playlist is yours, you can edit the name. If it's not yours, you can create a copy of the playlist and change the name. To make a copy, you can go to the three-dot menu within the playlist> Add to other playlist. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, just to confirm, has the app always been behaving like this or did it start to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? Please send us the details about it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

It is my playlist and I did try to rename it and copy it. I know I made the playlist public because people were able to view and listen on their phones. 
This was an issue where I worked last year. I moved, so I can’t test if any advice works.
Honestly, I investigated a lot at the time and think it was a Sonos issue not Spotify.

Hi there.  I am using the SONOS Controller App (on a different account) and wanted to listen to my playlist from my Spotify playlist from there.  The playlist is public, has a very unique name, and is attached to my profile... but it still cannot be found when I search for it.  I don't know if there is some limitation on the SONOS app that doesn't actually search correctly, but it is fustrating when you try to find something that is public and it isn't there.

Would it be possible to get some advice for this?  There is no way of using the shared link of the playlist on the SONOS app, so that's out of the question.

I have the same issue, i tried to rename my playlist to completely random words and Sonos search will better show no results than my playlist. Obviously, Spotify only cares about popular playlists and others are not even findable through integrated devices. 

Suggested posts