Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot join the family mix

Solved!

I cannot join the family mix

Hi.

He is the owner of the family plan.
I cannot join the family mix playlist.

I am getting error about technical problems. On webpage, android, ios - in all platforms. I have the latest versions of the apps.

Today I got the information that the problem has been solved in this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Family-Duo-Mix-doesn-t-show-up/idc-p/5306092#M121326

Unfortunately, the problem still persists. I see exactly the same errors.

Daniel227_2-1638291688052.pngDaniel227_3-1638291701315.png

Daniel227_0-1638291654558.jpegDaniel227_1-1638291664621.jpeg

Other users report the same problem:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Premium-Family/I-can-t-join-my-Family-Mix/m-p/5193567#M28629

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Subscriptions/Cannot-join-Duo-Mix/m-p/5186496#M131386

Once upon a time I was a member of another family. The problem arose when I left my family and started my own. I think something has gone wrong on my account. My user id on spotify: <snip - moderator edit>

The problem is with api. When I'm logged into my account, url: https://www.spotify.com/api/home-mix/settings/v1/me/
returns error 400.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

The Family Mix was recently replaced with Blend which is more flexible and still allows you to create a group mix with your loved ones. 

You can learn more about Blend in this Support Article.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi @Daniel227,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

If you're having issues creating a Family Mix, there are some things we can try here.

To start, could you try to create the Family Mix from a different device and use an incognito window? 

It's also worth connecting to another WIFI/mobile network and see if the error persists.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

Yes. The error ALWAYS occurs.
Do you check if my account is incorrectly linked to the previous family's playlist?

Hey @Daniel227,

Thanks for your response.

Keep in mind that here at the Community, we are not able to take a deeper look on your account details. In case you think the issue is related to your personal account, we suggest you to contact here the folks from Customer Support who can help you with it. 

In case you'd like us to troubleshoot this further together, could you still confirm what steps have you done so far, so we can advise you better?

Hope you find this useful. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

Hello,

I can confirm the described problem. I joined Spotify first time on 20.11.2021, and ever since have no access to the family mix, nor has any of my family. When trying to hit "Join family mix" i get the error response "we have technical problems. Please try again later". I tried with different devices, and in private mode. When inspecting the response, there is the HTTP Error 502 "bad Gateway", this points to an server error. When I reload the page with F5, the button toggles to "leave family mix". except this, nothing changes, the family mix remains unvisible.

Hey @Pixelplatzer,

Thanks for the post.

Can you check what happens if you try Joining the Family Mix and after that search for Family Mix through the Spotify app? Do you get a playlist like that, which is inaccessible or you don't see the playlist at all.

We'd also recommend trying to Join the Mix from a different network, like a mobile hotspot.

Keep us posted on this.

AlexModerator

Hey Alex,

thank you for your reply.

Ok, following your suggestions, I didn't try with the desktop, but with my smartphone.

1. To make sure, I switched off WiFi and connected via LTE.

2. I went to the spotify page to manage the family account and hit "join family mix". I got the "technical error" again.

3. I reload the page, and the selection toggled to "leave family mix".

4. I closed the spotify app and reopened it and looked out for "family mix".

Unfortunately, I still couldn't find it at all.

Just to make sure, where should i look out for it exactly? In the article it is described as "you can find it in the 'genau Deine Musik = exactly your music' section". But I cannot find this section at all. There is something similar, like "for <username>", or "only for you". In the first one are several mixtapes, in the second one are Playlists like "on repeat", "repeat rewind", ...

If I try the search function, I only find playlists from other users with this name, but not the one from our family.

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Jan

Hey @Pixelplatzer,

Thanks for the reply and for going through this troubleshooting with us.

If you can't see it under Home > Made for [Your username] where the Daily Mixes are, try searching for "Family Mix" in the app using . Even if the playlist is not activated and empty, you should still see the placeholder of "Family Mix".

Let us know if that's the case.

AlexModerator

Hey Alex,

I can find "Made for Pixelplatzer", with Daily Mix 1 - 6, Daily Drive, Daily Wellness, Discover Weekly and Release Radar.

No Family Mix.

If I search for Family Mix in the search tool, I find Mix 80s Greatest Hits in Top result and Playlists, Old School Family Road in Albums, and several Profiles called Family Mix (skipped Podcasts and Episodes, just mentioning the first search hit per category).

I have no idea what is going wrong.

Hi there @Pixelplatzer,

Thank you for your reply.

The best possible way to find a solution is to have someone take a close look at your account backstage, so we recommend that you contact out customer support. You can also request from support to help you create a new account and transfer your music over, so that they can eliminate anything being corrupted on your current account. We reassure that it's a smooth procedure.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey folks,

The Family Mix was recently replaced with Blend which is more flexible and still allows you to create a group mix with your loved ones. 

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Cheers!

AlexModerator

Suggested posts