Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I just want my wife, daughter and I to be able to play different things at the same time

I just want my wife, daughter and I to be able to play different things at the same time

Family Premium

3 different devices with the App (2 X Samsung S8+ & Google Pixel2)

2 separate accounts all associated to my family premium account.

My Question or Issue

Everytime any of us tries to play their own spotify playlists - it "throws the other users out"?

I don't understand what Family is for if not for us all to be able to listen to different playlists at the same time?

Once I get this sorted perhaps I can them connect each of us to our own Alexa?

3 Replies

Hi @MartinG73, welcome to the Community!

The first thing you should do is double check if each member is signing in the correct account.

There must be three accounts, one for each member. It looks like you have only two, right? In this case, just create a new one, and remember to fill the address correctly.

Then just send the invitation for this new account and you should be good!

Let me know if you need further help 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same problem. My dad and I are on the family plan together, both logged in on our smartphones with our own Spotify accounts. Whenever he is playing music, and I try to play on my phone, his music stops. Then when I try to play music and he tries to put something on, my music stops. It is maddening. I was a Google Play Music customer for years and was finally convinced to switch over to Spotify, for the same price. Never had these issues with Google Play Music family plan. Please help. I have had absolutely zero luck for weeks. 

Hey @ashleytori710, welcome to the Community!

Well, if this is happening, you and your dad are certainly logged in the same account.

Please double check your credentials, and also your dad's by clicking on the link bellow and let me know if it helps!

https://www.spotify.com/br/account/overview/

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts