Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm not eligible to switch to Spotify Family

Solved!

I'm not eligible to switch to Spotify Family

Question: How can I  switch to Family, without losing my playlists?

I have a Premium account via my mobile provider. When I want to switch to Spotify Family, I get this message: Because you received Spotify Premium through one of our partners, you aren't eligible for this offer. Learn more

Plus: I get a 404 error when clicking on 'Learn more' 

support.spotify.com-2021.04.17-08_30_41.jpg
www.spotify.com-2021.04.17-08_32_56.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Brian_Florea,

Thank you for your reply!

No worries, canceling your Premium subscription won’t cause you to lose any content, including your playlists and saved music.

You can cancel Premium with your mobile provider by finding their contact link on your account page under Payment.

If you cancel your current Premium plan, your account will revert to the free, ad-supported plan after your next billing date. If you like, you can then feel free to sign up for Premium Family here.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi @Brian_Florea,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you already have Premium with a partner company (such as your phone or internet provider), you’ll first need to cancel with them and wait for your current Premium to end before starting or joining a Premium Family plan.

You can then sign up for the Premium Family plan here, and invite the other members of your residence by following the steps in this support article. No worries, changing subscription plans doesn’t cause Spotify users to lose any content, including their playlists and saved music.

Feel free to read more about how the Premium Family plan works in this Spotify Answer as well as in this Q&A thread.

Also, thank you for reporting this broken support article link; I’m not a Spotify employee, but will be sure to pass your feedback along to the team.

AdamDamSpotify Star

If I cancel my Premium subscription, how can I keep my playlists?
Marked as solution

Hi @Brian_Florea,

Thank you for your reply!

No worries, canceling your Premium subscription won’t cause you to lose any content, including your playlists and saved music.

You can cancel Premium with your mobile provider by finding their contact link on your account page under Payment.

If you cancel your current Premium plan, your account will revert to the free, ad-supported plan after your next billing date. If you like, you can then feel free to sign up for Premium Family here.

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts