Premium family

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone XR, Desktop)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I have recently joined a different family plan and I have forgotten to leave the old family plan. I do not have contact with the old manager and now on the Spotify website, it says under the family mix that there are technical issues and I cannot join the family mix. 

Screenshot 2021-04-19 144726.png
7 Replies

Hey there @HondaCivic

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We'd recommend trying to join the Family Mix using an incognito window or a different device.

You can also try joining from the mobile app to see if you have the same issues. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have tried joining the family mix on the mobile device. Though it does give me the prompt of joining the playlist, it seems as though using that prompt is pointless since it appears to give me that prompt whenever I open the playlist and it does not actually let me join the mix. 

Screenshot 2021-04-20 at 20.04.05.png

Hey @HondaCivic

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you confirm if you still can't join the Family Mix when trying in a private/incognito window? We recommend this since it lets you avoid issues caused by the browser's cache. It'd be best to try this on both devices. 

If you're still not able to join the playlist, you might need to log out from all devices and then log back in. Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and our account system.  

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Hello, 

I've tried logging out from all devices as well as trying to join by using incognito but it seems as though it continues to say there are technical issues.

Hey there @HondaCivic

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind trying again with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send us a screen recording of the steps you follow so we can take a closer look? Make sure not to send any private info. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, 

I have tried switching internet connections but it still does not allow me to join.

I've attached a link to a video of my screen recording and you can see that it gives me the prompt to join it, but it does not actually happen. 

https://youtu.be/yGtRP0_R9d0

Hey @HondaCivic,

Thanks for the info 🙂

It seems like you might be experiencing this issue. It's a good idea to add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd suggest you keep your app up-to-date so you don't miss the latest improvements and fixes.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts