Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Leaving a Family plan and going Premium

Leaving a Family plan and going Premium

Hey Everyone!

My question is about leaving a Premium Family plan.

I am currently a member of a Family group, but I would like to leave it, and make my profile simply Premium (individually).

However I am not the administrator of the Family, and I can't contact the administrator at the moment to unlink my profile.

I have looked it up at the settings, and if I simply change my plan to Free. Will that make me leave the family? Will my place there open up?

And after i go Free, will I be able to just easily go back to (simple) Premium after that?

And during this process will I lose my playlists, liked songs etc.?

3 Replies

Hi @Tachinka,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Yes, you can leave a Premium Family plan by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Select CANCEL PREMIUM under Spotify Free.

When you leave the Premium Family plan, your subscription will revert to the free plan, and you can then subscribe to your own Premium Individual plan here.

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause you to lose your playlists or saved music.

Yes, the plan manager will be able to invite another member to their Premium Family plan once you’ve left the plan, as long as the invited member hasn’t switched between Premium Family or Premium Duo plans within the past 12 months (Spotify users can switch between different Premium Family or Premium Duo plans, but only once in 12 months).

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey sorry this was probably answered but basically I want to leave someone else’s family plan but I don’t want to impact their plan. I’m not the family plan owner. I just want to get off their plan and do my thing. 

Hi @8z1eo6pm8qiiv33qtigi,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

No worries, leaving a Premium Family plan will not cause the members who are still in the plan to lose any Premium features, or affect their Spotify accounts in any way; there would just be one fewer member in the plan.

You can leave a Premium Family plan by following these steps:

• Under Your plan, click Change Plan.
  • Select Cancel Premium under Spotify Free.
  • Continue through to the confirmation message.

When you leave the Premium Family plan, your account will revert to the free plan. You can then subscribe to your own Premium plan here, or remain on the free plan.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts