Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Legally I should have access to my personal datas !

Legally I should have access to my personal datas !

Plan

Family

Country

France

Device

iPhone

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Yesterday, I just took a Spotify Family, so that my girlfriend, living with me, can get a premium version too. I saw that we cannot even view the pysical adress of any account, so to make it short, I paid the family fee for 1 month, I cannot use it because I don't remember the adress I entered, then my girlfriend adress is also different, so we have both to create new accounts !!!! and I still have to pay the month I started (for nothing)!!!! Are you kidding Spotify??? The law enforce you to give us access to our personal datas, and give us the possibility to modify them! Also isn't there a period at the begining of the contract where I can cancel it with immediate effect. (I took it yesterday)

Really really dispappointed !

1 Reply

Hey there @MYNAMEISDUB,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Keep in mind that as our support site article mentions here,

It’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan.

If you move, or enter the wrong details, you need to create a new account (make sure you cancel the plan on your old account beforehand, and sign out everywhere) and subscribe to Premium for Family on that new account.

However, in that case, only the owner of the Family plan will need to create a new account. Once you've upgraded to Premium for Family, you'll be asked to register your current address for the plan.

Further, if you think this is something you'd like to see in the future, make sure to head here and add your +VOTE.

On another note, if you'd like more info on what data Spotify collects, or how to control/modify it, we'd suggest heading here

If you're still having troubles, we'd suggest reaching out to our support teams so that they can take a look behind the scenes for you, by heading here

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts