Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linking to Echo Devices

Linking to Echo Devices

I recently started a premium family plan.  We have 4 echo devices in our home.

I have enabled Spotify skill through the Alexa app for the devices.  However, it is not showing me how to link different Spotify accounts to the different devices.

My daughters each have an Echo Dot, but unless I can link their Spotify account to their device, they are logged in on my account.

How can I link different Spotify accounts to different Echo devices?

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hi @ saxman110277,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

If you're interested in using multiple Alexa/ Echo dot speakers at the same time, you'll need to not only have separate Spotify accounts, but also separate Amazon accounts. This is so because only one Spotify account can be linked to an Amazon account.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @saxman110277 Consider upvoting this issue here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Amazon-Alexa-Swap-Spotify-accounts-without-changing-Alex...

Spotify: The issue of not being able to use multiple Spotify accounts without creating new Alexa accounts is frustrating and will rapidly get worse as more people start using Alexa and Echos (and similar systems) in homes. If you are a staff member, please ring the alarm, that this is important. Today, for the first time I started trying out Amazon Music because in the middle of my work session, my music stopped and I can see my 7 year old started music in one of the dot's in our home. I want her to enjoy music, so I had to find an alternative. Spotify will loose Spotify Family Subscribers (like our household) to Amazon, which can handle multiple Echos streaming different music.

Hey there @BekaS,

Thank you for your post and feedback, and really thank you for sharing the idea in this thread.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts