Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple Streams on Family Plan

Multiple Streams on Family Plan

Hi, 

I am thinking about an upgrade to Spotify Family. But to do so, there is one use case I need to have answered. 

We have a Sonos environment in several rooms (living room, kitchen, children's rooms, office and so on) and there are two smartphones for me and my wife. We want to be able to start a stream in the living room for example and then listen to another stream on the phones. For example: the kids are playing in the living room, one of us is cooking and the other is going to do sports outside. 

With the family plan there are six parallel streams possible. Is it possible to start at least two streams parallel with the same user id? Which means, I choose music with my account on the Sonos App for one or two rooms and then start another stream on my smartphone app when I go outside?

The streaming service we are using at the moment offers this possibility and use case.

thanks

1 Reply

Hi,

We have a family plan and 2 Sonos Speakers, if you want to use the same account it will work if you start it via the Sonos app and let you listen elsewhere on the Spotify app. Sometimes this has caused issues but we generally use one account for the Sonos then other accounts on the family plan for users devices. So I do recommend creating separate accounts. Hope this helps.

Suggested posts