Multiple accounts on alexa devices

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Doesn't matter. Multiple os affected

My Question or Issue

Have 7 alexa devices. Also have a family plan with four users. Spotify connect cannot handle multiple logons (hello.this is the 21st century,just saying). Only one account can be linked in spotify connect.so only one account can play spotify on the devices. How can it be fixed (no, logoff/logon each and every time is not a solution). No,its not amazon/alexa related but spotify connect related.

also only the logged in accounts can select playback devices within the app (desktop/mobile/web player)

5 Replies

Hey there @waces,

Thank you for your post and feedback here in the Community.

There an idea about this - [Alexa] Multiple Spotify Accounts for Amazon Echo. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

So voting on a 5 yrs old feature request will make any difference? As it was not developed in the lat 5 yrs it won't be developed in the future. However its a basic thing for any streaming solutions and work well everywhere. I know you don't care about the users as exactly 0 voted ideas were implemented.

so we can say spotify cannot provide the most basic functionality for family plan (no benefits for the plan at all) and this thing will be never implemented. 

Hey again @waces,

Thank you for your reply.

We always want to be better and we understand that it can feel frustrating at times when things don't work as you'd like to. You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Here you can see ideas that's been implemented. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I don't think readding an already existing item,like android widget is a real improvement. However in this case there is 0% chamce to work on something requested 5 (!) years ago even its a simplenand basic item and coding it takes a few hrs only. But as you don't care about the feedbacks it'll be never implemented. Spotify for families is useless without this feature. Simply as is

Lol,almost 9 yrs passed and this simple feature still not exist

Suggested posts