Family Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

(Xiaomi 11T pro)

Operating System

(Android 12)

My Question or Issue

Today (Aug-02) my account stopped working proporly due to suddenly turned into a free account, the same happened to members of my family. There's a message asking me to update my payment settings, but I already tried multiple Credit and debit cards and none of them seem to worked. I'm still without my premium account and unable to upgrade. 

5 Replies

Hey, @Andersonjas 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear this is happening to you and your family. First of all, just to make sure we are on the same page, I'd like to ask you for a few pieces of information. Did your plan fully complete the billing cycle or it was interrupted with the remaining days of Premium? Have you gotten any alert in your inbox before the reversion asking you to update your payment information? Last, but not least, could you share a screenshot of your receipts page showing the last ones you got? Just make sure to not share any sensitive information, ok?

Keep me posted and stay awesome!

Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, Luan, thanks for your reply. 

Answering your questions:

Did your plan fully complete the billing cycle or it was interrupted with the remaining days of Premium?

It was interrupted when reached the final day of the cycle. 

Have you gotten any alert in your inbox before the reversion asking you to update your payment information?

No, i didn't received any alert, e-mail, etc.

I've checked my inbox and spam and still wasn't able to find any. 

Could you share a screenshot of your receipts page?

yes, it's attached. 

Screenshot_2022-08-02-23-14-19-082_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hey again, @Andersonjas 

Thanks for answering the answers and sharing the screenshot. In this case, I recommend that you take a look at this support article to get some tips that might help:

Let me know how it goes after trying the article suggestions, please.

Luan

LuanSpotify Star

Luan, i've tried everything from te article:

• Checked if my contry matches
  • tried with 3 different credit cards, both Visa and Master Card, also 2 distinct banks.
  • tried with incognito mode in google chrome (both mobile and PC)
  • tried with both wifi and 4g connections
  • tried from mobile and also from computer
  • tried multiple times along the day

None of the above worked. I'm on spotify for more than 3 years and that's the first time i've issues with it.
Also, can you help me finding a way to actually open a ticket/request or something like that in their support?
Turns out none of the articles helped me, and i'm afraid i'm going to need technical support from them.

PS. It's not like the problem is on my payment settings, because when i try to do the payment, i don't even get any notifications from my card provider, it's like the error happens before the provider even receive the payment request.

Thanks for returning and for trying the suggestions, @Andersonjas. Sorry to hear it didn't solve the issue.

In this case, I recommend that you contact the Customer Support team to get help with it. Just go on there and choose the best channel for you and explain your issue or doubt. Someone will help you as soon as possible.

The Customer Support team usually replies within 24-48 hours by email.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or message Spotify Cares on Facebook.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts