Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spouse gets an error when trying to accept family plan invite

Solved!

My spouse gets an error when trying to accept family plan invite

please see the attached error when she tries to accept the invite

error01.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

yeah it finally worked once her canceled premium fully aged out

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @AAlchemy!

Thanks for posting in the Community 🙂
If you don't mind, please ask her to try opening the link via an incognito window & let us know if that made any difference.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The same error persists. We even let her premium run out, thinking this might be conflicting. So she is on the free plan and still can not accept the family invite. She doesnt want to lose all her play lists, so making a new account is not an option.

Hi @AAlchemy,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you share with us what's the exact version of Spotify that your spouse is having right now? In case you're in doubt that she's running on the latest available version, you can always perform a clean reinstall of the app on her device, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no corrupted cached data can cause any trouble. 

After reinstalling the app on her device, you might want to try and generate a new invitation link to see if this will make things work.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator

I have the same exact issue. My boyfriend can't access to my Family Plan and he lives with me, has the latest version of Spotify installed in his phone (Android) and it's all updated to the latest version...

I want to add him to my plan and I didn't have any issues with my sister's or my brother... But with him it's always the same problem.

Hey @Paulagaskarth20,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We get that you had some difficulties with inviting your boyfriend to your Family subscription. As you mentioned that other accounts were added successfully (your siblings' accounts), then it's also possible that the account of your boyfriend was previously a part of another Family plan. If this is the situation then he might not be able to hop in your plan right away, as there is a limitation for users and one member can currently change between Family plans only once a year.  You can read more about this on our help page here.

If the above is not relevant for your boyfriend's account, then please return with some screenshots of the situation as it appears on your end, so we can take a closer look and advise you better.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator

Hey! I sent the link to my mom so she can add to my family plan but the app keeps saying that the address doesn´t matcht. How do I solve this? 

She has the Android version 8.7.34.1317, but this issue also happens if she tries to accept the invite from a PC.

Hi there @AAlchemy,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

To start with, can you confirm that you both have the same Country in your account settings?

We also suggest that you try to accept the invite in an incognito/private window to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to help you out if you need us to.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Seems somehow her premium re-enabled. She canceled again, we wont know if this works till Jun 11th now (when it expires).

Hi again @AAlchemy,

Glad to hear that everything got cleared up for you 🙂

If you have any further questions we're always one post away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

yeah it finally worked once her canceled premium fully aged out

Suggested posts