Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Name of previous cancelled Family account member appearing instead of mine

Name of previous cancelled Family account member appearing instead of mine

Plan

Family 

Country

UK

Device

N/A

Operating System

N/A

My Question or Issue

I just cancelled my Student Premium subscription to join a Family account instead. Whats happened in that the name I appear under on the family account, is the name of the person I had PREVIOUSLY invited to join a family account I has set up some time ago. That family account has long cancelled for a long time. This must be some weird bug in the Family account system. Any way  someone can look into this and see of they can get the name updated to the correct one? On my end my name is correct everywhere.

4 Replies

Hey @jackw-p, help's arrived.

That doesn't sound right. A quick fix may be for the owner to remove the account with the wrong name from the plan and invite you again. Just make sure the owner states the correct name when inviting you. 

Let us know if that helps 🙂 

Just tried this and it hasn't fixed the issue. The same incorrect name is showing instead of mine in the family account. What should I do now? 

Hey @jackw-p,

That's strange. There might be something with the owner's browser cache. Can you ask the owner to remove the wrong name and invite you again, but this time while logged in on the account page on a different browser? 

After you've accepted, make sure that the owner checks the list of family members on that same browser to see if the correct name shows up. 

Keep us posted 🙂

Still no effect, the same incorrect name is showing instead of mine. The name that is replacing mine is the name of the first person I added to a family account I used to own, but closed a log time ago. Hope that helps. 

Suggested posts