Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline songs when Changing country on Premium

Offline songs when Changing country on Premium

I was using family account at Turkey and recently moved to US. Now I wanna change my country settings and subscribe for student account. I've read the article about changing countries and it says :

1. Cancel your subscription.
  2. Wait until your account reverts back to the free, ad-supported service at the end of your current billing cycle.

I am afraid that becoming a free account and waiting until the end of billing cycle may cause to lose my offline songs which is rougly 10 GB. What should I do?

3 Replies

Hey @burakvarici,

I understand your concern, no worries - help’s here 🙂

When you switch to the free ad-supported service, your songs will be saved, just won’t be able to be used for offline used. 

You won’t lose any songs, playlists, or podcasts you may have saved. 

You can learn more about Premium for Students here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/student-discount/.

I hope this helps 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, thanks for the reply!

I know that saved playlists, songs, anything won't be lost but I was asking about them  "offline". I mean I want to continue using premium so it doesn't sound good to lose dowloaded material just to change country.

@burakvarici,

Thanks for the clarification 🙂

In this case, you won’t lose music when you go to another country on Premium. You can use Spotify abroad with Premium, but if you are on Free, you can only use Spotify Abroad for 14 days. 

Hope this helps 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts