Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid for Spotify Family - "Try Later" error message when a family member tries to join

Solved!

Paid for Spotify Family - "Try Later" error message when a family member tries to join

Plan

Premium

Country - India

Device - Mac, iPhone, iPad

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

When my family members click on the link to join family, after entering the address (no address errors0, we just get a message saying "Try Later". This is going on for many hours.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For anyone having this same issue: I've managed to get around this by cancelling my Premium plan and joining via the invite link from a free account. Yay!!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey Spotify - prompt at taking money. not prompt at replying???????

Hi @mishmash04

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Could you ask them to try accepting the invite again from an incognito window and a different device?

If that doesn't do the trick, we suggest using a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

We tried all that including using the mobile (not wifi) network. If Spotify had the sense to at least say what the error is we can fix what wring we are doing. All it says is "Try Later”. Is this customer service and user experience? Shame on Spotify.

Hey @mishmash04,

Thanks for the reply.

We understand you're frustrated, however as forum moderators we don't have access to your account and we can only troubleshot remotely, and offer suggestions which other users have reported as working for similar issues.

Please make sure that the user user joining the Family plan, is logged out of both the app and the Spotify account website before accepting the invitation. Also, make sure that the address is entered correctly, it's best to copy it from the owner account.

If that doesn't work, let us know exactly when you're receiving the error message, and share a screenshot so we can have a look at what you're seeing on your end.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your help.
My issue is the very poor UX Design of Spotify where the error message just says “Try Later”.
How is this helpful in any way?
As regards the address - as I mentioned there is no address error. In any case the addresses are identical.

Spotify has to have one of the worst UX ever experienced. Even my neighbourhood grocery store app has a better UX and Customer Service attitude.

Ultimately it is the attitude that counts and Spotify scores 0/10.

Hi there @mishmash04,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We'll pass on your feedback.

Can you confirm if you were successful in adding your family members, or if you still getting the same error?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey there!

I'm having this very same problem. I've tried accepting the invite from different devices on both clean and old sessions but the issue persists. All I see is 'There was a problem. Please try again later'. I know the address is being checked correctly because I get a different error message if I intentionally type a wrong address!

Happy to give provide any diagnostics, if that helps. Any ideas?
Marked as solution

For anyone having this same issue: I've managed to get around this by cancelling my Premium plan and joining via the invite link from a free account. Yay!!

I've tried everything in this forum and still same message. Service blows. No live chat feature. It's 2023

If you've recently ended your own paid subscription. You must wait until your account is a free account before being able to join a family members plan. If you require support.. you can speak to Spotify support via twitter or Facebook.

Suggested posts