Premium Family 

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPad

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

We have premium family with 3 users, all their own playlists. We are going to create a new Premium Family plan. 
How do I switch the users without losing their playlists?
I am afraid if I remove them from the old Family plan they are loosing their playlists?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @MVGG,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music.

The plan manager for the current Premium Family plan can cancel the existing plan by following these steps:

1. Log into spotify.com/account
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan.
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click Cancel Premium.

At your next billing date, the accounts of each member of the old Premium Family plan will switch to the free plan. At this time, the plan manager for the new Premium Family plan can start the plan here and then invite the other members.

Bear in mind that to accept the invites, members must live at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between Premium Family (or Premium Duo) plans once a year.

You can also read more about how the Premium Family plan works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @MVGG,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music.

The plan manager for the current Premium Family plan can cancel the existing plan by following these steps:

1. Log into spotify.com/account
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan.
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click Cancel Premium.

At your next billing date, the accounts of each member of the old Premium Family plan will switch to the free plan. At this time, the plan manager for the new Premium Family plan can start the plan here and then invite the other members.

Bear in mind that to accept the invites, members must live at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between Premium Family (or Premium Duo) plans once a year.

You can also read more about how the Premium Family plan works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks. Everything works again

Suggested posts