Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium DUO Invite Wont Confirm Home Address

Solved!

Premium DUO Invite Wont Confirm Home Address

Plan

Premium DUO

Country

Denmark

Device

Pocofone

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My sister has sent me an invite to her duo plan she set up today and I have tried over the past few hours to set it up. When I enter our home address I just get the error  "There was a problem    Please try again later." This is been happening all day. I know for a fact I am using the right address. I tried it on my phone, I tried it on my pc, I tried it in incognito, on wifi/mobile data. wth Spotify? Confirm my address.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @kovi590!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

Could you let us know what steps you have tried so far? We'd recommend giving this a try in an incognito window or a different device.

If your issue persists, give us a bit more info about your troubleshooting so that we don't repeat any steps. 

Keep us in the loop. We'll be happy to help you further.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

39 Replies

Bump

Hey there @adamskater5750,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We'd recommend first taking a look at the steps provided in this support site article if you're having troubles confirming your address.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hi,

I've tried logging out of both accounts and starting over. I've confirmed both of our countries are the same. I've tried incognito mode and resending the invites. Our addresses are the same as well, but all it says is "there was a problem. Try again later." Can I call someone to confirm because obviously it's not working online at all. 

Respectfully,

Meg

Hey there @Megamargs,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community. No worries - help's on the way!

Do you mind giving it another go on a different device? It's also a good idea to try with another network.

It might just have been a temporary connection issue, so we'd recommend to wait a few hours and try again.

In case the issue persists, it'd be great if you could send over a screenshot of the error message you're getting so we can investigate this further. Just make sure to hide any private/sensitive information when posting on the Community.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I’m having the exact same issue! My husbands link will not work - “try again later” 😫

Marked as solution

Hey there @kovi590!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

Could you let us know what steps you have tried so far? We'd recommend giving this a try in an incognito window or a different device.

If your issue persists, give us a bit more info about your troubleshooting so that we don't repeat any steps. 

Keep us in the loop. We'll be happy to help you further.

ElenaModerator

Almost the same here.

When I try to register the other account (in incognito mode, same place) I get the message: "It looks like you’re trying to join Duo from a different country. Duo is only available for couples that live together. Try again when you’re at the same address."

i have the same issue, 

When I try to register the other account (in incognito mode, same place) I get the message: "It looks like you’re trying to join Duo from a different country. Duo is only available for couples that live together. Try again when you’re at the same address."

I am here with my wife, literally copying pasting the same address and still getting the same problem 

Hi there @12134146674,

Thank you for reaching out in this thread. We're sorry that you haven't been able to set up your Duo account yet. We'd like to take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you confirm if you followed the steps that's been provided in this thread?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I've tried on multiple devices, browsers and incognito mode. I was next to my partner when he entered our home address (street, house number), clicked "find address" and got the same address. However, when I follow the invite link and enter the same address, I just get [city, country] when I click "find my address", not [street, number] like he got. Please help! I even tried it from his laptop but keep having the same issue!

Hey @bdb3,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We understand you're having some difficulties with confirming the right address for joining in a Duo plan. The address that you're typing in should match the address that was provided by the plan owner. Also this address could be changed/edited by the owner if need be. Note that we don’t track your location - we only check your address to verify. 

You can see here more info, on how the address verification of the Family plan can be managed. In case you're still getting an error message, please return with some screenshots so we can take a better look, but make sure you mask all personal info.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator

This same thing is happening to me. I have tried on two devices, two browsers, and in an incognito window and I'm still getting "There was a problem Please try again later."

Hey @ag991,

Thanks for bringing this up and for the troubleshooting you've already tried.

Could you check if your account has the same country settings as the Family/Duo subscription account? Here is how to do that.

We'd also recommend you to try accepting the invitation while connected to a different network and using a desktop PC if possible.

If that doesn't help. could you post a screenshot of the error, so we can get a clear understanding of where exactly the error message is occurring?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I already tried on desktop PC on my work network, and it gave me the same error as my phone. The country is the same on both accounts. 

Annotation 2022-05-05 084231.png

Hi @ag991,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and for all of the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Can you confirm if you've been in another Duo or Family plan within the last 12 months?

In the meantime we'd recommend creating a new invite as well as giving your browser a refresh before trying again.

We'll be in the lookout for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator

I was the head of the family plan I created for me and my husband, but cancelled it when he found Duo and sent the request to me instead. 

Hi again @ag991,

Thank you for your getting back in touch with us.

Can you confirm if you still are in the Family plan? If so, this is the reason why you can't join the Duo plan. In this case you have to cancel your Premium Family plan and wait until you're on the free version to join the Duo plan.

Keep us posted and have a continued nice weekend 🙂 

JeremyModerator

This thread should not be marked as solved.

I am getting the same behaviour. 

Have tried doing it on different networks (home wifi and mobile provider), have tried both on the mobile phone and in the laptop, have tried in incognito window.

In this case, I mistakenly removed my partner from a Duo subscription, and now can not add them again. The addresses look identical when entered on both accounts.

Hey there,

Thanks for the post.

When you send an invite to the other member of the Duo plan, they should be in the same physical address as stated on the Duo plan, when they accept the invitation.

If that still doesn't work, let us know what error message they're receiving when trying to re-join the plan.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts