Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Family - if I invite a family member, will they keep their playlists from their own acct?

Premium Family - if I invite a family member, will they keep their playlists from their own acct?

I want to start a Premium Family account, and invite my husband and son. 

My husband already has his own Premium account, so if I invite him will he keep all his playlists?

1 Reply

Hi @CWDavis,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music, and everyone can keep their same accounts.

The billing also switches automatically for users who already have Premium and are joining a Premium Family plan; so your husband doesn’t need to cancel anything. After accepting the invite to join your Premium Family plan, he won't be charged for his account any further; his payments will instead be handled by the Premium Family plan manager (the person who started the plan).

Note that if your husband currently has Premium with a partner (e.g. his phone or internet provider), he’ll first need to cancel with them and wait for his current Premium to end before being able to join your Premium Family plan.

You can start a Premium Family plan here, and then invite the other members by following the steps in this support article.

Bear in mind that to accept the invites, members must live at the same address as the plan manager. Also, note that members can only switch between Premium Family (or Premium Duo) plans once a year.

You can also read more about how Premium Family works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts