Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

My husband is trying to listen to an audio book on his Spotify account, we are on a family plan.  I am able to see the book on my account and it says Included in Premium but when he tries to access it under his account on his phone it prompts him to purchase it.  

3 Replies

Hey @9yqrdjx0uvc7o7mbtqtc,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Right now, Audiobooks in Premium is available only on select plans and is limited to plan managers.

This means if someone joins a Duo or Family plan as a member, they won’t have access to the free listening time, but this is something that will be explored in the future to allow Family and Duo users to have more flexibility from their audiobooks access.

For more info, you can also visit the following Newsroom article: https://newsroom.spotify.com/2023-10-03/audiobooks-included-in-spotify-premium/.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same issue, but under my plan it says that I should have 15 hours of audiobooks across the entire family.

I'm having the same issue. I don't understand what's the point of paying for premium if my family members can't access the same thing as me.

Suggested posts