Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for Family - Pool Devices like Netflix

Premium for Family - Pool Devices like Netflix

My Question or Issue

Having recently upgraded to Premium for Family, i was hoping that the subscription would allow up to 6 devices connected at the same time - irrespective of the account that is logged in - as long as the account is linked to the family.

My fiance and I both had premium accounts but we ran into the issue of the sonos playing music and cutting off the music on my phone as they are both signed in on my account. Rather than having to log out of the Sonos and for her to log in to avoid cutting me off, why does Spotify not pool the accounts (like netflix does) so that you can have up to the 6 devices streaming music at any one time. 

It would be a massive improvement for usability and i can't see a reason why Spotify wouldnt want to do this for its users?

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

(iPhone 7, iPhone XS, Macbook Pro late 2013, Sonos Soundbar and Sonos One)

Operating System

(Multiple)

2 Replies

Hey there @purlla,

thanks for posting !

At the moment there's no such subscription that allows using many devices at the same time.

The community is a great platform to implement user ideas and have the Spotify team check them out.

You can use the "Ideas" section of the community and implement your idea for votes and promotion.

Have a great day 😃

Maybe a workaround, if you have available premium spaces, create a home account and log the SONOS into that permanently?

Suggested posts