NEXT STEP

Premium student after family

Premium student after family

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Hey guys,

i would like to know, if i can continue using premium student after being a member of a premium family account.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Hi @Fabian19, thanks for writing!

We can't merge the Student and Family offers, but if you've left a Premium for Family plan and want to subscribe to the Premium for Students, just get started through the link bellow:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_students/student-discount/

Let me know if you need further help 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, one of my premium family plan members is now a student.  The student wants to continue to use Spotify via Premium Student, the rest of the family plan members and the plan owner don't use Spotify anymore.  What is the best way to go about setting the student up with the Premium Student plan and making sure the student doesn't lose playlists, downloaded songs, etc. Is it best to set up a Premium student plan for the student first, then cancel Premium Family? How do playlists, songs, etc., transfer to the student Premium account?  Thank you

Hey there @bufwxguy,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The best thing to do is cancel your Premium Family plan from the plan manager's account page

1. Log into spotify.com/account.
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Scroll to Cancel Spotify and click CANCEL PREMIUM.

Your Premium stays active until your next billing date, then your account and all member accounts will switch to free. You and everyone in the plan will keep your playlists and saved music when your account is free. You can also still log in and play music with ads. Note: offline music will have to be redownloaded.

After this the student can can subscribe for Spotify Premium Student, following the instructions here. Once their school credentials are approved, they'll receive an email address with further instructions to enter a payment method and start their Student plan.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you've got more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts