Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Probably basic, but important questions for upgrading from Free to Family

Solved!

Probably basic, but important questions for upgrading from Free to Family

Hi - hope someone can help please.

I have a Free account and have over time made lots of playlists.  My son is in the same position. Both of us have Android phones (Huawei) and laptops.  Neither of us have had any problems with the Free account.

I need to know the following please before I upgrade:

a) As the main bill payer, will I still have access to my current playlists?

b) As a 'user' of the account, will my son still have access to his playlists

c) Will my son 'retain' his account (say, therefore that his account user name shows up on the main account and he just plays from those lists he has)

d) (This is probably really daft as a question) - can we both listen on different devices at once?

e) My username for this forum is different from my Free Account name - is this 'normal' and can I change the account name to match the forum name (I tried to log in to the forum with my account name but it says it was already in use - yes, by me!).

Many thanks - no doubt I will come back with more questions!

TG38

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @TankGirl38, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

I’ll be happy to answer your questions 🙂

A) Yes, when you subscribe to Premium for Family, you’ll still have access to your saved music, podcasts and playlists. 

B) Yes, if your the head of the account, and you’d like to add your son to the plan, he’d need his own account to join (In this case, your son will still have acess to his playlists since he already has an account)

C) Yes, you’ll just need to send out an invite to him, and he’ll be able to add his account to your plan. 

D) Yes, since everyone on the plan has their account, you can listen on both devices at the same time; just as long as everyone on the plan has their own account. 

E) Yes, that’s normal - you don’t need to worry about changing both to be the same. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@TankGirl38,

You’re welcome, I’m happy I could help. 

If this reply helped you out, make sure to mark it as the solution. This way, other users who might be facing this issue can come into this thread and see the solution too 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @TankGirl38, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

I’ll be happy to answer your questions 🙂

A) Yes, when you subscribe to Premium for Family, you’ll still have access to your saved music, podcasts and playlists. 

B) Yes, if your the head of the account, and you’d like to add your son to the plan, he’d need his own account to join (In this case, your son will still have acess to his playlists since he already has an account)

C) Yes, you’ll just need to send out an invite to him, and he’ll be able to add his account to your plan. 

D) Yes, since everyone on the plan has their account, you can listen on both devices at the same time; just as long as everyone on the plan has their own account. 

E) Yes, that’s normal - you don’t need to worry about changing both to be the same. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy-J

Thanks so much! If I have any more issues I'll come back to you - really appreciate your help!

TankGirl38 🙂 

Marked as solution

@TankGirl38,

You’re welcome, I’m happy I could help. 

If this reply helped you out, make sure to mark it as the solution. This way, other users who might be facing this issue can come into this thread and see the solution too 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts