Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem country change even when bank account and country changed

Problem country change even when bank account and country changed

Hi,

I moved from NL to FR. In FR I subscribed to Familiy Premium. 

My wife wanted to connect but could not do that because of the country issues - although the same home address was entered. I noticed that she had FR in her profile and I still had NL. So I changed the bank account to an FR bank. 

But still in my profile it keeps saying that I live in NL, although address and bank account is in FR. Because of that my wife can't connect.

Please help, as this way a Family Premium subscription is useless.

Regards,

Michel

3 Replies

Hey @MBayings,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

When you update your payment details or change your payment method, the changes will take effect from your next billing date. As a heads-up, some payment providers may issue an authorization charge when you update your payment details. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the reply. So, if I understand it correctly. We can't use this full month the family premium package, because the next payment will be 1st August 2020??

While we entered correct and same address, as we all live together, but because the next payment takes another 3 weeks, we can't use it...

Is this true?? I can't believe it.

Thanks for getting back to us @MBayings!

The country registered on your account matches your payment method so that we'd be able to verify your location, and it can differ from the one you enter for the Family plan.

Since you're charged for Spotify in advance, the Premium time you've already paid for with the old card needs to run out before your country setting updates.

Let us know if you have any other questions, we'll do our best to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts