REPORT EXPLICIT SONG... HELP!

REPORT EXPLICIT SONG... HELP!

HELP PLEASEEEEE

Plan

Premium

Device

(Samsung Galaxy s7, iPad, Windows10)

My Question or Issue

I HAVE TURNED ON THE FILTER TO EXCLUDE SONGS WITH EXPLICIT CONTENT BUT SOME OF THEM KEEP PLAYING... WHAT CAN I DO?

I CAN ONLY FIND THE REPORT BUTTON ON MY PHONE AND IT DOESN'T WORK... SHOULD I DO IT FROM THE LAPTOP VERSION? I CAN'T FIND WHERE I CAN REPORT EACH SONG... PLEASE HELP US BEFORE MY TODDLER STARTS SWEARING 😕

THANK YOU

6 Replies

Hey there @SILVIAAA1

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

In order to report explicit content on the Spotify version on your laptop you need to follow these steps.

In some situations a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. If the report button on your mobile isn't properly working, we'd suggest performing it.   

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

thanks Ivan...

the first link you sent me is only telling me how to switch the explicit content off in my account (which I already did) but it doesn't explain how to mark a specific song as 'explicit'.

I reinstall the app on my desktop version and I still can't find it... there must be a way!

I also reinstalled the app on my phone but when i click to report a message pops up: 'Could not report, please try again'.

Hey there @SILVIAAA1

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Once you've clean-reinstalled the desktop app on your laptop the activated explicit content filter should be working. Make sure it's switched on after the reinstall. 

Do you have the possibility to log in to your Spotify account on another mobile device and check if you observe the same?

If it doesn't occur on a different one, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

This is no longer accurate. What is the new method for reporting explicit lyrics electronically? Thank you.

Hi there @beats3527,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

You can head over to this article and follow the steps that's provided in it to report content.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts