Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing Explicit Content for my plan members

Solved!

Removing Explicit Content for my plan members

As the plan manager, I keep removing the Explicit Content for each of my plan members (in the account on my desktop), but there is one member who is able to keep turning it on again on his iPhone. When I go into settings in the app, I make sure the Explicit Content is turned off as well. I've restarted all devices and the problem persists - this one plan member is able to keep turning on Explicit Content for him. As the plan manager, can I control this or not? If so, please tell me know.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 7.48.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 7.49.37 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @nikeman,

Thanks for your reply.

We thought we'd jump in here to clarify some things.

Ever account in a family plan is a individual account which is being paid for by one user - the account manager. The manager can add/remove members of the plan and also allow explicit content on the member accounts. You can have a look at this support article for more info on how to do that. The member accounts should not have the option to switch explicit content back on from their own account page. If you're logged in with your manager account on their device, they could switch it on/off, but that's only if they have access to the manager account.

If that's the case, we'd recommend you go on Your account page and click the Sign out everywhere option. This will log you out for all device, after that you can log in only on the device that you're using personally.

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi @nikeman,

thanks for reaching out !

You can find all info needed on explicit content on this official page.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Thank you! I've done all of this and this plan member is somehow able to keep turning it back on again on his device. How is he able to do this?

Hi @nikeman,

thanks for the update !

If you've locked Explicit Content for your members it shouldn't be possible for them to enable it by themselves (once the filter was turned on).

In order for them to turn it on, they would need to speak with you for it to be enabled.

Please re-check that the filter is indeed turned on, on your Family page.

If the filter gets switched off (by one user) i would recommend you reset your password and log out everywhere.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I've done everything suggested:

- I've turned off the Explicit Content in the App (attached). I've logged out of the App and logged in again.

- In my account, I have turned on Remove Explicit Content (attached). 

- He's still able to keep to keep turning on the Allow Explicit Content on his phone (attached). I got his phone and turned in off and logged out of the App. 

None of this has work - he's still able to turn on and off his Allow Explicit Content on his phone.

Anything else I am missing?

IMG_7361.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 12.41.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 12.41.56 PM.png

Hi @nikeman,

thanks for your patience !

I would recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on the family member's phone as there might be some corrupted installation files causing this. 

It this doesn't do the trick, I'd like you to send a screenshot of the enabled content on your family member's account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thank you - I'll do this and let you know.

I think that did the trick. I'll let you know if there are further issues. Thanks so much!

Hi @nikeman,

thanks for taking my advise !

Glad to hear it all works now.

Feel free marking my post as a solution so other users having the same issue will be able to easily find it.

I'm always around.

Let me know if there's anything else you need 🙂

Unfortunately, this did not do the trick. He's still able to turn on and off Explicit Content on his iPhone. Any other suggestions you have?

He told me last night that he can go to his own account page (on the desktop) and easily turn this on or off. I thought managers are the only ones who have an account page. Why do members have an account page and why are they able to easily turn on and off Explicit Content?

Marked as solution

Hi there @nikeman,

Thanks for your reply.

We thought we'd jump in here to clarify some things.

Ever account in a family plan is a individual account which is being paid for by one user - the account manager. The manager can add/remove members of the plan and also allow explicit content on the member accounts. You can have a look at this support article for more info on how to do that. The member accounts should not have the option to switch explicit content back on from their own account page. If you're logged in with your manager account on their device, they could switch it on/off, but that's only if they have access to the manager account.

If that's the case, we'd recommend you go on Your account page and click the Sign out everywhere option. This will log you out for all device, after that you can log in only on the device that you're using personally.

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts