Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share private playlist to kids app not working

Solved!

Share private playlist to kids app not working

I am family plan manager and want to share a private playlist with my kid who is using kids app version 1.32.0 on ipad mini. I have followed instructions to share the playlist from here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-kids/
It seems to work at first. When I open the kids app and go to the app homescreen I see a new section that says "shared with you". But when I tap that section, it opens to a blank screen that says "shared with you" at the top. There are no songs visible.

I have performed a clean reinstall of the kids app per these instructions: https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p/4746485
No change. The playlist I want to share only has one song right now. Help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thank you Prague the Dog. You were right, the problem was the playlist was private. However there seems to be a bug. Just switching the playlist to public didn't fix the problem. I had to make a brand new playlist that was public first, then share that with my child. But at least eventually it worked. Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there Hi456, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble sharing a private playlist with your child on the Spotify Kids app. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue, I know some are basic but its worth the college try:

1. Make sure that the playlist you're trying to share is not set to "private" or "secret." If it is, your child won't be able to see it in the Spotify Kids app. To check this, open the Spotify app on your device, find the playlist, and click on the three dots (...) next to the playlist name. Select "Make Public" to ensure that the playlist is visible to your child.

2. Check that your child's Spotify Kids app is up to date. Make sure that the app is updated to the latest version, as older versions may not be compatible with the shared playlist feature. You can check for updates in the App Store on your child's iPad Mini.

3. Try logging out and then back into the Spotify Kids app on your child's device. This can sometimes help to refresh the app and ensure that the shared playlist appears correctly.

I hope one of these solutions helps you to share your playlist with your child successfully.

Let me know what comes of it,

-Prague the Dog

PragueRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Thank you Prague the Dog. You were right, the problem was the playlist was private. However there seems to be a bug. Just switching the playlist to public didn't fix the problem. I had to make a brand new playlist that was public first, then share that with my child. But at least eventually it worked. Thanks for your help!

Great I’m glad we could find a solution.

-Prague the Dog

PragueRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi we have a similar issue but with the “Shared with you” area of the Spotify Kids App. It used to show songs that we had shared with the kids, but now it just loads a blank screen. Any ideas?

But why do playlists we share with our kids need to be public?

Hello, I habe a similiar Problem with public Playlists that I share with my Kids account. In the "shared with you" section the playlists show up, but they are empty "currently not avialable". I have log out an in again, reinstalled and re-shared ... but nothing changes. The app and the second account is useless like this ....

Suggested posts