Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs don't play

Some songs don't play

When I want to play my music, certain songs just don't play at all. The timeline stays on 0:00 and I don't hear a thing.
1 Reply

Salutations, so If you're having trouble playing certain songs on Spotify and the timeline stays at 0:00, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure you're connected to a stable internet connection. If you're on a weak or unstable connection, it can cause issues with playing songs. [ I think it may be this, I encounter the same error a lot with my McDonalds wifi lol]

2. Log out and log back in: Sometimes logging out of your Spotify account and then logging back in can help resolve issues with playing songs.

3. Restart the Spotify app: Try closing the Spotify app completely and then reopening it. This can help reset any temporary issues with the app.

4. Clear cache and data: If you're using the Spotify app on a mobile device, clearing the cache and data for the app can help resolve issues with playing songs. To do this, go to your device's settings, then to the "Apps" or "Application Manager" section, find Spotify, and select "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data".

5. Check for updates: Make sure that you have the latest version of the Spotify app installed on your device. If you don't, update it to the latest version.

6. Try a different device: If the issue persists, try playing the song on a different device to see if the issue is with the device you're currently using.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be an issue with the song itself or with Spotify's servers.

Give me a holler, 

-Prague the Dog

PragueRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts