Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect and multiple Family accounts - can't see devices

Spotify Connect and multiple Family accounts - can't see devices

Hello,

I have a Family subscription and use a PC (Windows) with Spotify running on it for my main music system. I can stream to the PC, but my girlfriend can't (included in the Family plan, and on the same WiFi).

Also, if she starts playing something on that system and I also want to play music somewhere else in the world, it stops hers - making a whole music system unusable simultaneously by two paying users.

Is there a workaround for this? I find it frustrating that it's called a "family plan" but a single person can control it.

PS: no, switching accounts on the PC is not a viable solution.
3 Replies

Hey @raz_b,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Can you give us a bit more detail about your particular setup like for example:

• Is your music system connected to your PC via an AUX cable or is it a standalone Connect-enabled one?
  • Is everyone in the Family/Duo plan logged in their own account on their own devices?

Keep in mind that in order to transfer playback to the PC specifically, you need to be logged in the same account as the one that's on the PC. We recommend checking out this article for more info on the topic.

Looking forward to your reply.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @MihailY, 

The PC (running the Spotify app) is connected via USB to a DAC, which is then connected to the amplifier. 

Yes, both of us are connected on our own accounts on our devices (iPhones / iPads).

And yes, I do realize that the same account needs to be connected on the PC as well as on the controlling device - which is exactly my problem. There should be some setting toggle to allow all "Premium Family" members to connect to the same device.

Switching accounts is cumbersome and a shared session isn't always the solution (e.g. when one is at home and the other is away).

Thank you,

Raz

Hey @raz_b,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the option for all family members to control a single device. In this case, we'd recommend posting it as an idea on our Idea Exchange board.

Currently, the board might appear closed for a couple of days, but it will be open again as soon as possible. So if you have any issues posting it, you can wait a couple days and try again.

Note: to prevent any rejection, check out our guidelines before posting it.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts