Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect working ONLY with one account

Spotify Connect working ONLY with one account

Hi!

Me and my wife have 2 Premium accounts (linked to the same Family account), and used Spotify Connect on our Cambridge Audio (Minx II) device in the living room: both were able to see the Connect device and start playing music.

However since a couple of weeks I am no longer able to see the Cambridge Audio Connect device nor on my mobile (iOS) nor on my desktop (Mac), while my wife is able to see the same device from her mobile (iOS) and play music.

I have the latest app version, network is the same, tried resetting the Minx II factory settings, log out/in from both my mobile and desktop, but unfortunately still cannot see that Connect device.

We have another Connect device (Sonos), which we are both able to see and stream.

Anyone could help me in understanding what is going on and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Pablo

21 Replies

Thanks Renè,

yes I went through the whole list, but still it's not working.

The really strange thing is that Connect is working as I said with my wife's phone and Mac, but NOT with my Mac and phone....

Any other ideas..?

Thanks

Pablo

The other strange thing is that when on my iPhone I log in with my wife's account, I can see the Cambrige MinxII device as Spotify Connect, while I cannot see it with my credentials (but I can see other devices).

Thanks

Pablo

Hi,

It looks like something's wrong with your account. To be sure. Can you try it the other way around? Logon to the device of your wife with your account.

Regards,

René

I have the same problems, 2 premiu. accounts linked to one family account, all works like charme as long only one account is using the homenetwork attached speakers.
When i try to connect our second accound on a different smartphone in the same network to another device (smartspeaker on a different floor) nothing happens. Only one account per network allowed it seems. Struggling with that Problem for years now. It seems, i dont need a second account, it dont work in the same network either. 😞

Hey @digiphob,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

If you're still having trouble with this, do you mind providing us with some more info, specifically:

• What is the device and OS version of the external device you're trying to connect to?
  • Are you using Connect or Bluetooth to play Spotify on the external device?

Once we have that, we'll be able to take a closer look and suggest some steps.

Thanks! Keep us posted.

My spouse and I are facing the same issue. We are two premium accounts under the same family plan (I am the plan owner).

We both have iPhones, and I have a MacBook. All three have Spotify installed as native apps. On my iPhone and MacBook, I can see all our smart speakers (Alexa's), and can control them via Spotify Connect just fine.

On her iPhone, none of the devices appear. We have enable LAN access in iOS settings to the Spotify app. We have also enabled "non-local" devices with the Spotify app. We have also offloaded & deleted the app, reinstalled, and to no avail.

We have confirmed all devices are on the same WiFi network. It does not seem to be a WiFi issue, as my iPhone and MacBook are working just fine.

Please advise!

Hey @prgorospe,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We'd suggest she gives these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

If the issue persists, she can try logging in to another account on the same device. That way we can check if it's an account-related issue. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have similar issues, my girlfriend and I have a Premium Duo account.

We are both connected to the same network, she only sees the devices in spotify connect where she is logged in + our Chromecast. I only see the devices where I am logged in + our chromecast. When I switch one of our devices to the other's account, I see the other's devices. Reinstalling does NOT solve the issue. Looks like a bug, would appreciate if someone looked into it more deeply.

Hey @daeler,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Could you tell us the type of the device you want to connect? In case it's a PC, phone or tablet, this is an expected behavior.

We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator

Hi @ver,

Our home HiFi system consists of a Linux PC running Ubuntu 20.04 with the Snap of Spotify installed. My goal is to allow my girlfriend and I to control the Spotify instance running on the Linux PC.

Is this at all possible? It looks possible for Sonos and Chromecast systems (I can imagine the actual implementations being quite different though ...)

If it's not possible, can I request this feature somewhere? My use case doesn't seem too exotic imo.

Thanks!

Hey @daeler,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Currently there is only an option for the person who has logged in to their account on both devices to control the music. 

We always strive to improve our app and the experience with it. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass your feedback to the right team.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can also support it. Keep in mind that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

Here you can find more information about how your feedback reaches Spotify. 

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help. 

Ver Moderator

I'm having the exact same issue. We also have Cambridge Audio Minx XI and my account won't see it. Used to work fine then just stopped. Family Premium account and it works with my wife's account but not mine. If I log in to her phone it doesn't work. Tried clean reinstall and still doesn't work.

Now discovered that it won't connect to Alexa devices either.

Please advise how to resolve.

Hey there @Nzfletch,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

Can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello, we have the same issue. I posted an idea, please vote for it.

Actuell Spotify haven't this feature:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Multiple-accounts-to-one-connect-speaker/idi-p/520...

Same issue. Extremely frustrating. We’ve had the same limitation for years. Our workaround has been to use an old ipad to with the primary account to connect to our grouped devices so that anyone has access. My wife was offered an option in-app on her phone last week and she didn’t think anything about it. Now all devices are only showing on her phone. I’ve burned 2 hours of my day off resetting all echos, uninstalling and reinstalling apps and there is still no end in sight. Why does this have to be so obtuse? I’ve had an account for over 8 years and a family account for as long as they have been offered. This has me ready to start over on another service at this point. I’m spent. 

Fix for our grouped devices (not sure why this isn’t in ANY support docs anywhere!) was to go to the device that the Spotify Connect devices were now associated to and go to the Alexa app. Removing Spotify from Alexa on the offending device finally “released” them and they could then FINALLY be picked back up by the other device that they were hijacked from.

Once again, great job not documenting any known issues and forcing your users to do your support teams job of finding a solution and documenting it for others. You support and docs are TERRIBLE.

@Jeremy
I am in this same predicament atm and I am as frustrated as all Snip[Moderator edit] No support, no answers and have wasted so much time trying to configure what has been working perfectly for years.
One account, on premium family, 2 devices. I like to use one mobile phone as the operator and change my partners music as he is travelling along - just how we work! Now as of weekend I can play whatever I like on my phone and so can he using the same account!
Any help would be appreciated
No one seems to be able to resolve this

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

@JillWilkie, Can you clarify exactly what devices you're using to play Spotify and give us the following info:

• Make, model, OS version of the device you're trying to connect. Please provide info both for your mobile device/ computer and speaker/ sound system.
  • What troubleshooting have you done so far. This will help us provide more relevant advice and not repeat ourselves.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts