Spotify Kids app language

Plan

Family Premium

Country

France

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi I live France but am English. My app is in English. I have signed up for family. I have installed the Kids app on my daughters Android tablet and it is all in French. How can I change it to English, with English content please?  (For example all the disney songs are French!). Do I need to lie and change our family address to the UK? 

3 Replies

Hi there @louweezel,

thanks for reaching out !

The content presented on your Spotify app relies on the country listed in the accounts details.

Unfortunately, this option isn't changeable as you live in France plus changing it might effect the account as you do not live in the UK.

Regarding the language presented, you can click here and learn how to change it.

Hope this clears things out.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Hi, i have the same problem,

i live in Sweden but i am Italian, makes it worthless for me that is all in swedish. 
regards.

Annalisa

As a Brit in Germany I have the same issue. The solution presented above changes the app language but not the content. There's plenty of English language content available in Germany, but I am constantly presented with German-language content and the kids' app has ONLY German content with no option to change it, making it useless.

I switched to Spotify from Deezer because it was just too buggy, but Deezer had an option to change location that was just great. Switch to UK content and you get UK charts, English-language podcasts etc. Of course there is some content that is not available in Germany due to rights issues, so you might only be able to play 35 songs in the UK top 40, but as an expat this is still much, much better.

As soon as Deezer works out its bugs I'll be switching straight back.

Suggested posts