Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Selling our Home Addresses to Google

Spotify Selling our Home Addresses to Google

I've just logged into Spotify to add my father back into the family plan (he's gone for some reason) and now it wants my ADDRESS? on top of that, its sharing that address with Google who will of course use it, sell it, etc. 

Before I dump the whole thing and move to another service, can anyone tell me if this is the same case for Premium without family?

3 Replies

Hey @BamBoomByeBye,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

All data required for the address verification is processed in accordance to our Privacy policy.

Address data is collected for the sole purpose of verifying eligibility for the Premium Family Plan and Premium Duo Plan and is not used for advertising or any other purpose.

You can also you can click on the "How we use your address" link while verifying, which will link you to related Google resources.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Address data is collected for the sole purpose of verifying eligibility for the Premium Family Plan and Premium Duo Plan and is not used for advertising or any other purpose.

ok, that seems fair, so can you just confirm that 

(a) your client applications at no point reach out to Google, for analytics, advertising or any other function that can scrape cookies and fingerprints from the device? 

(b) In no way can Google match the home address entered into your Spotify application or website, to any other cookies or fingerprinting stored on the device?

(c) You don't share any information about your users with Google for any reason when on the paid plans?

Hey @BamBoomByeBye,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

As our team is comprised of moderators, rather than privacy experts or advisors, we're afraid these questions go beyond our knowledge. From a moderation standpoint however, they do seem to be outside of the scope of the thread.

What we do know for certainty and would again like to confirm is that address data is used solely for eligibility verification, which we hope answers the initial subject of the thread.

All data is also handled as per our Privacy Policy and nothing beyond that takes place.

If you'd like to find out what data exactly is gathered, we offer full visibility on that via the option to download one's data. Find out more about how to do this here

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts