Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else

Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else

I’m getting this message with music cutting out when simultaneously streaming through Sonos usually but it happens on my IPhone too. This has just started happening. I have a family premium account.

3 Replies

Hey! i recently had this problem as well, what i had to do is go in and add my family members emails to my family plan so they were using their own instead of cutting mine out. you can do that in setting on a laptop. hope this helps!

This has been happening to me too, but I don’t have a family account so there is no one else/no other device using my account.

specifically when I’m playing Spotify thru 2 of my sonos speakers. 

It just started happening like a week ago. 

Hey @Andiec@Cmiller9 and @laurenhennan,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you are using Premium for Family, it's important that everybody uses their own account. It sounds like you might accidentally be sharing an account.

If you use a Sonos speaker, you'll have to make sure your own Spotify account is toggled in the settings of the Sonos app. If a different family member would like to listen via the Sonos speaker after you, they'll have to switch to the right account as well.

If you are 100% sure that none of your family members is using your account, have a look at this article which gives you the right steps to take in a case when your account is being used by someone else.

We hope that does the trick! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts