Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playing from one account on other family member's device

Solved!

Spotify playing from one account on other family member's device

We have a family account and periodically when I try to play music on the Google Home speakers (synced to my account.. the primary) it also plays on my daughter's phone! She has her own profile that her phone is logged into, and this happens when she is not even home on our wifi! She stops the music playing on her phone... and it stops it here at home too!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MelWilde,

Thank you for sharing this issue with the Community!

The described behaviour could be caused by two things:

• You're both either a part of a group listening session (in which case you'll need to disband it)
  • Or you're both somehow logged into the same account (please doublecheck in the app settings)

We're here for you if further assistance is required 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

her music/podcasts don't play on the home speakers; it's only the music at home playing on her phone, and her stopping it on her phone stops it at home too.

Marked as solution

Hey @MelWilde,

Thank you for sharing this issue with the Community!

The described behaviour could be caused by two things:

• You're both either a part of a group listening session (in which case you'll need to disband it)
  • Or you're both somehow logged into the same account (please doublecheck in the app settings)

We're here for you if further assistance is required 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Well it appeared that she had also synced her account to the Google Home app; no problems since she disconnected!

I am having the same issues.  when I listen to spotify on my echo dot, it comes on the same time on my daughter's spotify on her phone.  We have separate spotify accounts.  I don't understand how this keeps happening.

Hey there @njjohnson,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

It sounds like your daughter's Spotify account might be linked to the speaker. Keep in mind that everyone who intends to use the speaker will need to set up their own account with Amazon, which in turn has to be linked to their own Spotify account.

What you could try in this case is creating an Amazon Household, which allows you to have multiple profiles in the same Amazon account, and you can then link your Spotify account to your own Household profile. This way you can use the speaker when you want, even if someone else is using another one in the house.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts