Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify's Account Management System is Categorically Archaic

Spotify's Account Management System is Categorically Archaic

Why is Spotify's Account Management System Archaic?

According to the FAQ, if you have a family plan and change address:

"It’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan.

If you move, or enter the wrong details, you need to create a new account (make sure you cancel the plan on your old account and sign out everywhere beforehand), then subscribe to Premium for Family on that new account."

Are you serious?! How on earth can Spotify champion something such as multi-room music streaming but when it comes to account management, it does not have the ability to change the address? Why on earth has this never been fixed? And yes, I say "fixed", not changed, because I cannot believe that having customers manage their own address was not supposed to ever be a feature.  Considering the above, and the fact that payment dates cannot easily be changed either, did Spotify Management fire all the account management engineers in order to fund meaningless changes such as the pointless hybrid music videos found on mobile (but definitely not on desktop)? What's going on?? As a customer, account management with Spotify is a truly miserable experience and definitely not something expected from a market leading company. 

4 Replies

Hi @mjbk88,

Maybe it's less worse to create a new subscription because it doesn't affect the accounts. So you just do a unsubscribe. All the accounts will not be changed, they will only be downgraded to free. Next create a new family subscription and add the account. Takes 15 minutes or so.

Regards,

René

No, that is just not acceptable. Saying "it just takes 15 minutes", is not acceptable when on most sites it takes 30 seconds. Also, it takes longer than 15 minutes as you have to wait for the downgrade, and then resubscribe. 

Mix this with the inability to easily change billing date and spotify is a decade behind most other online companies. 

Hi @mjbk88,

Unfortunately that's the way it is now. You can add a new idea to the idea section and if it will get a lot of votes it will increase the chance that it will be implemented.

Regards,

René

I'm painfully aware that that is the situation and as a customer, I can say it is absolutely not acceptable and no tech company that cares about its customers would consider this account management system to be either user-friendly or even satisfactory. 

We both know that raising a request for this to be changed on the forum is like farting in the wind. Any decent company would automatically have this on their backlog to fix because it is currently so bad it can be considered broken. 

Suggested posts