Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify saying I ran out of premium when I'm a part of a family plan.

Solved!

Spotify saying I ran out of premium when I'm a part of a family plan.

My family's plan ran out a few months ago, so we switched the family head from my account to my dad's account. Now sometimes when I open Spotify, I get an error saying my plan ran out, when it hasn't. My recently listened to that appears at the top of the homepage is also glitched and shows podcasts that I haven't listened to in a few months.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @honeybee02 

Thanks for the reply.

In this case it's best to reach out to our customer support team through one of the channels here. Send them the screenshot and let them know what is happening. 

If there has been a failed payment on the Family master account or the system has detected any suspicious activity on your account, it might have issues an automated lock, which the support folks should be able to remove, so you'll stop seeing this banner.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @honeybee02

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one? We'd also like to know if you don't have access to the Premium features either. 

We suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in to your account twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your account and device. 

On another note, would you mind sending us a screenshot of the error message you're seeing? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Tried logging out twice on my mobile app with no luck. Seems I'm the only one in my family plan that this is happening to, and that it's happening on my Andriod phone and iPad, not on my laptop. I do however have access to premium features still, I have to start Spotify from a widget in order to get passed the prompt.

Screenshot_20230212_112947_Spotify.jpg

 Here is the prompt I keep getting. But whenever I follow it to "update my plan," it says I'm already a part of my family plan (which is true.)

Marked as solution

Hi there @honeybee02 

Thanks for the reply.

In this case it's best to reach out to our customer support team through one of the channels here. Send them the screenshot and let them know what is happening. 

If there has been a failed payment on the Family master account or the system has detected any suspicious activity on your account, it might have issues an automated lock, which the support folks should be able to remove, so you'll stop seeing this banner.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts