Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Started using Premium Duo late last year. Will I be able to switch Duo membership to a new account?

Solved!

Started using Premium Duo late last year. Will I be able to switch Duo membership to a new account?

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

1. My girlfriend added my current Spotify account to her Premium Duo subscription late last year. (Fall 2020)
  2. I'm in the process of transferring from my current account to a newly created account that isn't permanently tied to a facebook account.
  3. In the details for Premium Duo accounts it lists a 12-month timeframe for switching plans. (https://support.spotify.com/us/article/duo/?_ga=2.59000171.732769798.1618782946-1127925536.161643552...
  • My question is will I be able to leave my girlfriends Premium Duo subscription with my old account and rejoin it with my new facebook-less account? Or will I run into plan-switching timeframe issues?

Thanks in advance!

-Tim

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tBluhm, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Since it will be on a different account, you'll be able to join the Premium Duo plan with the new account. You can transfer content from the old account to the new one following these steps

I hope this helps and I'll be here if you need help with anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @tBluhm, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Since it will be on a different account, you'll be able to join the Premium Duo plan with the new account. You can transfer content from the old account to the new one following these steps

I hope this helps and I'll be here if you need help with anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts