Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still having a free version after joining a family account

Still having a free version after joining a family account

Hi!
I have added a family member to the family premium account. The inscription was done successfully but the Spotify account still acts as a free version (even if as "manager" of the account, I clearly see the person is part of the family). This person has only one account therefore I don't understand how to fix this.
16 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please let us know what limitations they are experiencing that make you think their account is on the free service? Also, have they tried logging out and back in a couple of times using the login details they entered when accepting the invitation to the Family plan?

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi MihailY.  I am having this exact same issue and on my daughter's account it says upgrade to premium and won't let her download or play anything offline, it also has ads.  Is there anything we can do to get this back online?  We have tried removing her then adding her again to the plan, logging her out and then back in etc...   Thanks so much

Hello MihailY, I do have the same with my wife's account. It worked well for my two sons but my wife is shown as "free accont" which means she cannot choose songs and shuffle mode is always on. BR Axel

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you've made sure that an account is actually invited to the Family Plan, but the member still sees the limitations of the free account, it most probably means that the member is not logged in on the right account. Could you double check that? Here is a handy guide on how to find out if you have multiple accounts.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi Dian, checked again and my wife is logged in on laptop shown as premium family member but when she tries to use on her mobile it is shown as spotify free account and does not work. For both kids it worked well.

Hey @AxelCologne2 ,

Thanks for the reply.

This means that she's most probably logged in on a different account on the mobile device. Could you make sure she logs out on the mobile device and logs back in with the credentials she's used for the app on the laptop?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi. I signed up for family premium and have this free spotify account which I don’t want! I thought by signing up for the family premium that would my free trial would family premium. If this is not the case, I will go back to ITunes.

Hey @AKBasilcat,

Thanks for reaching out.

If we understood you correctly, you've signed up for Premium Family trial but your account is still showing Spotify free? In that case, please log out and log back in using the email address on which you've received the confirmation for your trial.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.

MihailYModerator

I had this issue. I logged into my partners account on a computer. There I needed to cancel her paused premium account. I could not do this from her cell in the app. Even though I choose downgrade there it did not matter. Canceling the premium thru spotify website helped though and then I could get her to join and use the plan. (Now lets see If it stays this way =/.)  

i entered the app as usual and now i have a free plan, when i was on a family plan. no one in my family knew what happened, they send me invitations and the app won't let me enter. we live in the same house and in june we had to re-enter the address of the house. what can i do?

I'm having the same problem. We have the premium family account and suddenly my husband only has free access. He has tried logging out and back in, both from the app and on a desktop. He deleted the app and re-installed without success. I uninvited and re-invited him but still no luck. What next?

Hi there @dj4offers,

Does he get a specific error message when attempting to join the plan? It's worth giving it another try by sending them a new invite link, which they can open in an incognito/private window or by using a different device. Make sure he logs in to his own account (with his own login details) and enters the exact same address as the one on your Family page.

Hope this helps 🙂

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I do not have a clue. No suitable feedback from Spotify so far. All suggestions did not work out.

Enviei e-mail de membro da família como premium, ele se cadastrou , e apareceu para mim que deu certo, mas no celular dele continua aparecendo que a conta dele é gratis

I have the same issue. Please resolve this. 

Welcome to the Spotify Community @LudwigBolling!

Are you having trouble inviting members to the Family plan? If so, you might be experiencing this ongoing issue which our tech folks are currently looking into. I recommend checking out the thread and subscribing from the three dots menu so you're notified whenever there are any updates on the matter.

Make sure also that when the invitee opens the invite link, they're logged in to their own account (with their own login details) and enter the exact same address you've entered on your Family page.

Below are some articles which you may also find useful, feel free to check it out as well:

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts